FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Waterdamaged phones

25th April 2014, 07:11 AM |#1  
GethPrime's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,323
 
More
Hey everyone,
My Xperia Z1 Compact has been sent in to the repair center now because of a waterdamage caused by a leaking backcover / frame whick killed the camera button first and then the mainboard. All flaps and so were closed and no water got in that way. 2-3 weeks and I'll have my Z1 Compact again.

Anyone else who've been sending in their phones on warranty because of waterdamage? How did it go? Did they replace the phone or did they just repair it?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
 
 
25th April 2014, 12:48 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag So Paulo
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devstaff

Hey everyone,
My Xperia Z1 Compact has been sent in to the repair center now because of a waterdamage caused by a leaking backcover / frame whick killed the camera button first and then the mainboard. All flaps and so were closed and no water got in that way. 2-3 weeks and I'll have my Z1 Compact again.

Anyone else who've been sending in their phones on warranty because of waterdamage? How did it go? Did they replace the phone or did they just repair it?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

thats scarry. even if waterproof, i wont risk my z1c in the pool anytime. heard lots of storys about the z1c damaging itself with water even with flaps closed...
25th April 2014, 12:55 PM |#3  
GethPrime's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by profyler

thats scarry. even if waterproof, i wont risk my z1c in the pool anytime. heard lots of storys about the z1c damaging itself with water even with flaps closed...

Yes, I was terrified whem my phone broke as I've only had it for 2-3 weeks . I hope that they'll resolves it, otherwise I will just use my insurance.

And this phone, Xperia Arc S, drives me crazy as it's slow and sluggish.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
25th April 2014, 02:19 PM |#4  
ro_explorer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 646
 
More
@OP,

I've been through a similar experience with yours ... more details here .. starting from #12.
Spoilers: happy ending ... at #28
25th April 2014, 05:44 PM |#5  
Gjole86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
well mine survived the pool, hot sun. used it more than 30 mins in wet conditions, ans 20 mins straight underwater on 2m depth.

2 weeks later, now, no issue at all.

just the sound bug in kitkat my alarm struggles to ring, but its funny
25th April 2014, 08:01 PM |#6  
GethPrime's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_explorer

@OP,

I've been through a similar experience with yours ... more details here .. starting from #12.
Spoilers: happy ending ... at #28

Did your backcover sound weird when pressing down on it on 2 of the corners?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 11:17 PM |#7  
ro_explorer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 646
 
More
Nope .. no sound. It is solid as a rock ...
26th April 2014, 11:30 PM |#8  
GethPrime's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_explorer

Nope .. no sound. It is solid as a rock ...

Good, I miss my phone already

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 12:00 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Man, I don't even want to know how Sony is going to handle warranty claims based on water damage.
It's going to be a nightmare. At least in Germany, where mobile phone companies try a lot of things to avoid a warranty repair / exchange.
How will it be possible for the consumer (and Sony) to determine whether it was an open port or a valid claim....?
How are things going to play out if Sony claims that it was an open port - and I'm sure it wasn't.

Those are the concerns that make me keep my Z1c dry at the moment...

Regards,

Yoko
27th April 2014, 12:07 AM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
maybe replace it with a refurbished one

Sent from my iNew V3 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes