FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide]Root & CWM installation guide on Xolo A500s and IPS models

164 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By PrimeNexes, Senior Member on 4th December 2013, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
There are guides related to Rooting and CWM installation but are incomplete (For me atleast I Was unable to install CWM of my A500s IPS)
FOR BOTH XOLO A500S & XOLO A500S IPS MODELS
So here it is :

Rooting
1)Download Framaroot : Link
2)Install the .apk
3)Choose Install SuperSU
4)Then choose Boromir.It Will Display A Root Confirmation Message, Click On "OK" And Then "REBOOT" Your Device.
5)After Reboot You Will Find SuperSu Application In The App Drawer.

Installing CWM
1)Download MTKDroid Tool (V 2.5)Link
2)Download the Cygwin .dll files : Link
3)Driver Install
3a)For all the types of Pc's (X86,X64,etc)[Recommened]
--> Download Snappea : Link
-->Install it,connect your phone,the program will install the drivers of your phone. You can Uninstall the program.
3b)Except x64 PC's
Go to http://androidxda.com/download-xolo-usb-drivers ,Download and install your Driver
4)Extract the MTKDroid tool,Extract the Cywin .dll files (cyggcc_s-1.dll & cygwin1.dll ) and replace both the file in /MTKDroidtools/files
5)Open MTKdroidTools.exe ,Click on Root at the bottom right corner , On phone you will see permission request pop-up ,Click on Yes.
6)On MTKDroidTools,click on the "root,backup,recovery" tab,click on "Backup" option and your stock ROM will be backed up.
7)Now click on "To choose the boot.img file" radio button and click on "Recovery and Boot"
8)Now choose the boot.img you backed up,Click on every "ok'" that pops-up,Now your phone will restart to CWM Recovery
9)Done ! Now you have installed CWM

Need A Custom ROM for your Xolo A500s/A500s IPS ? Go here !

Credits

* rua1 - Mtkdroidtool : Post LINK
* alephzain - Frameroot : Post LINK

Hit thanks for alephzain and rua1 on the above link If this post helped you
Last edited by PrimeNexes; 15th April 2014 at 07:18 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PrimeNexes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PrimeNexes Ad-Free

14th December 2013, 07:38 AM |#2  
Flag Uttar Pradesh>Meerut
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeNexes

There are guides related to Rooting and CWM installation but are incomplete (For me atleast I Was unable to install CWM of my A500s IPS)
So here it is :

Rooting
2)Install the .apk
3)Choose Install SuperSU
4)Then choose Boromir.It Will Display A Root Confirmation Message, Click On "OK" And Then "REBOOT" Your Device.

Installing CWM
1)Download MTKDroid Tool (V 2.5): Link
3)Driver Install
-->Install it,connect your phone,the program will install the drivers of your phone. You can Uninstall the program.
3b)Except x64 PC's
Go to http://androidxda.com/download-xolo-usb-drivers ,Download and install your Driver
4)Extract the MTKDroid tool,Extract the Cywin .dll files (cyggcc_s-1.dll & cygwin1.dll ) and replace both the file in /MTKDroidtools/files
5)Open MTKdroidTools.exe ,Click on Root at the bottom right corner , On phone you will see permission request pop-up ,Click on Yes.
6)On MTKDroidTools,click on the "root,backup,recovery" tab,click on "Backup" option and your stock ROM will be backed up.
7)Now click on "To choose the boot.img file" radio button and click on "Recovery and Boot"
8)Now choose the boot.img you backed up,Click on every "ok'" that pops-up,Now your phone will restart to CWM Recovery

Keep up the good work bro
The Following User Says Thank You to nightwalker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nightwalker Ad-Free
26th December 2013, 09:49 AM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Bricked my A500s IPS
Hey PrimeNexes,
I was trying to add Stock ROM of A500s from "androidxda.com /download-xolo-stock-rom-model" (Sorry, cant add proper links as im new member) but It didnt work.. and now my phone is bricked, cant even get to the recovery mode..
pls help!!
5th January 2014, 03:27 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s,satbir90

Hey PrimeNexes,
I was trying to add Stock ROM of A500s from "androidxda.com /download-xolo-stock-rom-model" (Sorry, cant add proper links as im new member) but It didnt work.. and now my phone is bricked, cant even get to the recovery mode..
pls help!!

Give me more details. If you flashed a nandroid Backup then tell me.
14th January 2014, 04:41 PM |#5  
Flag Jodhpur

More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:

So here it is :

Rooting
2)Install the .apk
3)Choose Install SuperSU

Installing CWM
1)Download MTKDroid Tool (V 2.5): Link
3)Driver Install
3b)Except x64 PC's

Thanks dude , it helps a lot .
Link for MTK driod tools not working . Please check taht
16th January 2014, 07:58 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevy94

Thanks dude , it helps a lot .
Link for MTK driod tools not working . Please check taht

The link is working To say thanks just click the thanks button.This post is OK as it shows an error but posts with just thanks may be counted as a spam
16th January 2014, 08:30 AM |#7  
Flag Ranchi
Thanks Meter: 257

More
is it work on xolo a500s ips
16th January 2014, 08:34 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoHit18

is it work on xolo a500s ips

Yes it does see I have mentioned "IPS models" in the title
16th January 2014, 08:38 AM |#9  
Flag Ranchi
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:

Yes it does see I have mentioned "IPS models" in the title

bro I have downloaded the mtkdroidtool from 4shared is it OK or I have to download which u provided
16th January 2014, 08:41 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoHit18

bro I have downloaded the mtkdroidtool from 4shared is it OK or I have to download which u provided

You can use any mtkdroidtool If you want after the download you can update it to the latest mtkdroidtool.
EDIT:The link is updated to latest version of MTKDroidTools
Last edited by PrimeNexes; 16th January 2014 at 08:50 AM.
16th January 2014, 11:56 AM |#11  
Flag Jodhpur

More
Okay
Quote:

The link is working To say thanks just click the thanks button.This post is OK as it shows an error but posts with just thanks may be counted as a spam

Yeah the link is working now .

May be my browser problem at that time.(http://forum.xda-developers.com/imag...s/confused.gif)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xolo-a500s

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)