Plug [Q] Acer Iconia tab A1-811 Bootloop

OP MaCZalla

5th October 2013, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi all

Description :
A1: The system.img.gz you applied, wasn't suiting to the firmware version installed on your tablet. Download latest Acer firmware update, copy it on a micro sd card, plug it into your Iconia, go to recovery by holding Volume up and Power button while device is turned off. Then choose apply update from sd card.
A2: If you cannot apply any Acer firmware, because you always get a partition error while installing, you should do a reboot after you get the error. A user reported that this made her/his device boot into Android again, showing the new version in settings -> info. Good luck
A3: If the A1 and A2 didn't help. Send back the device to Acer. Tell them you tried to apply an update from sd card and ended up in this bootloop. Sending device back to Acer over UPS is free. Good luck!

I failed root my AIT A1 and now im trapped in bootloap (my fault,RTFM fail.) I try find somewhere *.zip with official FW to apply it back trough recovery. Got any one advice how solve this issue? On acer.com is nothing usefull.I know how fix but cant find files witch i need....Ty for your time and LINKS...or Ideas
1st November 2013, 12:03 AM   |  #2  

3 posts
Help ...
I have same problem
QUOTE=MaCZalla;46183161]Hi all

Description :
A1: The system.img.gz you applied, wasn't suiting to the firmware version installed on your tablet. Download latest Acer firmware update, copy it on a micro sd card, plug it into your Iconia, go to recovery by holding Volume up and Power button while device is turned off. Then choose apply update from sd card.
A2: If you cannot apply any Acer firmware, because you always get a partition error while installing, you should do a reboot after you get the error. A user reported that this made her/his device boot into Android again, showing the new version in settings -> info. Good luck
A3: If the A1 and A2 didn't help. Send back the device to Acer. Tell them you tried to apply an update from sd card and ended up in this bootloop. Sending device back to Acer over UPS is free. Good luck!

I failed root my AIT A1 and now im trapped in bootloap (my fault,RTFM fail.) I try find somewhere *.zip with official FW to apply it back trough recovery. Got any one advice how solve this issue? On acer.com is nothing usefull.I know how fix but cant find files witch i need....Ty for your time and LINKS...or Ideas[/QUOTE]
6th November 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #3  

3 posts
A1-811 howto ROM backup
Well, I'd like to do a backup An original ROM. I do not know how this could be achieved. I think it would help a lot of people.
6th November 2013, 11:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCZalla

Hi all

Description :

I failed root my AIT A1 and now im trapped in bootloap (my fault,RTFM fail.) I try find somewhere *.zip with official FW to apply it back trough recovery. Got any one advice how solve this issue? On acer.com is nothing usefull.I know how fix but cant find files witch i need....Ty for your time and LINKS...or Ideas

Have you unlocked you tablet? If you have, why not use a custom recovery (TWRP for example is a powerful yet simple to use recovery)? If you haven't, then it was a bad idea trying to root your tablet.

Please reply so that I can help.
Last edited by jay_r95; 6th November 2013 at 11:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jay_r95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Reupload A1-811 ROM
Can anyone reupload the original stock ROM? I want to unbrick my tab but hotfile.com link from the first page is down

Thank you
17th November 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #6  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL
Thanks Meter: 406

2,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
In case anyone else ends up in this thread, the solution to get an A1-811 out of a bootloop, ie. "unbrick" it, please follow the Firmwares for flashing - [EN] guide from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ax-b1-t2875894
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread