Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nokia Beamer

Tip us?

MedveHUN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nokia Beamer

Hi,

I want to try the app on my nokia lumia 520, my phone is dev unlocked, but i can't find the Nokia Beamer xap. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Medve

titi66200
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Nokia Photo Beamer is on Nokia market.
Nokia Lumia 1020: OS 8.10.12393.890 Cyan
HTC Titan: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
HTC HD2: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
Asus Slate EP121: Windows 8.1

Budniu
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Nokia Photo Beamer: http://www.windowsphone.com/pl-pl/st...c-bcd7780d7db5
Nokia Beamer: http://www.windowsphone.com/pl-pl/st...6-30cf0582043f
Nokia Lumia 1520: Windows Phone 8.10.14157.200 (RM-937 02061.00066.14253.40001 ROM)
My home: EncyklopediaWindowsPhone.pl, Mobione.pl and O Windows Phone.pl

acewing905
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Nokia Beamer only works on devices with 1 GB of RAM or higher. Those devices get Nokia Beamer automatically with the Lumia Black update or, in the case of newer devices with Lumia Black, ship with it installed by default.

MedveHUN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks,

Yes, you know correctly, but i want to try It, but the Lumia 520's got only 512mb RAM. I heard if i Dev. Unlock my Phone, I can install aps, wich need more Power. I downloaded the XAP from the Marketplace, but it's encrypted, and the SDK app deployment won't deploy to my Phone. So I need the decrypted XAP, or maybe an another method. Can anyone upload the decrypted XAP( if you downloaded the Nokia Beamer from the Marketplace, It Will be on your Phone.) or write an another method?
OR any alternative instead?
Thank you,

Medve

DaviUnic
Old
(Last edited by DaviUnic; 15th March 2014 at 07:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedveHUN View Post
I heard if i Dev. Unlock my Phone, I can install aps, wich need more Power.
Dev unlock only allows you to sideload apps that use tier 3 capabilities (which is the same as most of the apps published in the store), so you gain nothing in terms of "power", just the ability to sideload homemade apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedveHUN View Post
So I need the decrypted XAP, or maybe an another method. Can anyone upload the decrypted XAP( if you downloaded the Nokia Beamer from the Marketplace, It Will be on your Phone.) or write an another method?
OR any alternative instead?
We can't just pull decrypted XAPs from our phones... You need interop unlock for that (and possibly more), and so far that's only achieved on Samsung phones. Your best chance is to get someone with an unlocked Samsung device to install Beamer by using the proxy trick, then posting the XAP so you can sideload. But be aware this can potentially create new issues - it's an OEM app, so it probably uses capabilities not covered by dev unlock (which means you won't be able to sideload).

Or you can just try the proxy trick yourself. Change the device model to something with 1GB and it should be available for download.

MedveHUN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviUnic View Post
Dev unlock only allows you to sideload apps that use tier 3 capabilities (which is the same as most of the apps published in the store), so you gain nothing in terms of "power", just the ability to sideload homemade apps.

We can't just pull decrypted XAPs from our phones... You need interop unlock for that (and possibly more), and so far that's only achieved on Samsung phones. Your best chance is to get someone with an unlocked Samsung device to install Beamer by using the proxy trick, then posting the XAP so you can sideload. But be aware this can potentially create new issues - it's an OEM app, so it probably uses capabilities not covered by dev unlock (which means you won't be able to sideload).

Or you can just try the proxy trick yourself. Change the device model to something with 1GB and it should be available for download.
Thanks, but can you help me with? I'm New in WP, I've got android before.
Thank you,

Medve

DaviUnic
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Do a google search on how to trick the store into thinking you own a different device than you actually do. The tutorial may even be on this forum, so have a look around...

acewing905
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quite possible that it still checks for the RAM requirement when it's launched, even if you manage to install it.

Even when people run games like Temple Run 2 on 512 MB RAM devices, sideloaded, the XAP needs to be modified and have that check removed, or they will not launch, as far as I know. No idea on how this is done or even how the people who do this get their hands on decrypted XAPs, though.

DaviUnic
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by acewing905 View Post
Quite possible that it still checks for the RAM requirement when it's launched, even if you manage to install it.

Even when people run games like Temple Run 2 on 512 MB RAM devices, sideloaded, the XAP needs to be modified and have that check removed, or they will not launch, as far as I know. No idea on how this is done or even how the people who do this get their hands on decrypted XAPs, though.
Yeah, that's quite possible. But there's really no way of knowing without trying...