Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Severe wake up lag

OP Envy Life

29th January 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I've had fairly severe wake up lag on my Note 3 since the beginning, 4-6 seconds is fairly common (6 seconds means it flashes the screen and blanks it out again, going back to sleep, but then I can wake it up again and it responds in 1-2 seconds). I've never seen this on my Galaxy SIII with the same set of apps, but as soon as I got the Note 3, I saw the delay. I've swapped out for a new one (different reason) and see the same behavior.

If it is not common, I'd have to attribute it to an app...but honestly this is a base OS function, no app should be holding the phone in deep sleep. Any ideas would be helpful.
29th January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag St. Cloud
Thanks Meter: 211

1,384 posts
More
KitKat appears to fix this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st January 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 15

145 posts
More
Are you rooted? This MOD really helps the delay.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584013

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
31st January 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #4  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 213

1,168 posts
More
I don't got 4-6 secs lag, but I did have 2sec lag, and then took out my SD card and that fixed it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to pham818 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 199

1,204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pham818

I don't got 4-6 secs lag, but I did have 2sec lag, and then took out my SD card and that fixed it for me.

So you no longer use an sd card in your phone? Seems like there should be a better way around than that...
31st January 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #6  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 213

1,168 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkub

So you no longer use an sd card in your phone? Seems like there should be a better way around than that...

i had a 64gb class 10 sd card i got for 15 dollars. 64 is kinda over kill for me. but yeah i 32 gb is enough for me, i still got like 18gb of free space left lol or something like that.

edit: but apparently the the guy up there said kitkat fixes that.
4th February 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pham818

Wow, good call! My first Note 3 had the proximity sensor go bad, and then stopped recognizing my SD card. I figured the phone was just a lemon, so I transferred the SD card into the new phone and it didn't recognize it either so I just left it in. After you said this I removed the SD card and it's vastly improved, so far it's back to the normal 1-2 second lag max (so far).
5th February 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #8  
Flag Mocksville
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
More
I had the same thing with the sandisk card. replaced it with Samsung's version and its resolved.
10th March 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #9  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 15

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Life

I've had fairly severe wake up lag on my Note 3 since the beginning, 4-6 seconds is fairly common (6 seconds means it flashes the screen and blanks it out again, going back to sleep, but then I can wake it up again and it responds in 1-2 seconds). I've never seen this on my Galaxy SIII with the same set of apps, but as soon as I got the Note 3, I saw the delay. I've swapped out for a new one (different reason) and see the same behavior.

If it is not common, I'd have to attribute it to an app...but honestly this is a base OS function, no app should be holding the phone in deep sleep. Any ideas would be helpful.

If you are rooted, i would advise you to use the Vulpix Mod. It works!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584013

it has helped me greatly reduce the wake time. though, its been months since i flashed it and i believe the wake time to be gaining again.
10th March 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 696

846 posts
The update to NB4 pretty much eliminated all lag. I can click the lock and wake button all day and it instantly goes on and off since the update.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread