Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]How does one disable "My Magazine"?

Tip us?

bluetoothless
Old
(Last edited by bluetoothless; 5th October 2013 at 01:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q]How does one disable "My Magazine"?

I have gone through my AT&T Note 3 thoroughly and disabled most bloat.
I am finding the "My Magazine" app quite annoying due to single clicks of home button while on home screen and accidental upward swipes.
I have yet to figure out how to uninstall or disable it yet.
Does anyone know how?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bladerunner1825us
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetoothless View Post
I am finding the "My Magazine" app quite annoying due to single clicks of home button while on home screen and accidental upward swipes.
Does anyone know how?

I think until root is achieved if you cant disable it in app manager if you use a third party launcher it stops it from activating

mazdamiata210
Old
Thanks Meter 294

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetoothless View Post
Does anyone know how?

Open My Magazine, hit your menu key, settings, you can turn off the option to open it via the home button... Unfortunately not with swipe up though. It seems like swiping is more difficult to open it anyway so it's less annoying.

A thanks is always nice if I helped

Samsung Blackjack > iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Note 1 > Note 2 (N7100) > Note 3 > iPhone 5S
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mazdamiata210 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Teczguru
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamiata210 View Post
Open My Magazine, hit your menu key, settings, you can turn off the option to open it via the home button... Unfortunately not with swipe up though. It seems like swiping is more difficult to open it anyway so it's less annoying.
Thanks for the tip

uccoffee.forum
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teczguru View Post
Thanks for the tip
is there any way to start the my magazine as an app and put on my home screen etc?
i cannot seems to find it in the app draw

kitsinni
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I don't understand why they have this and flipboard. It is basically the same thing with a different interface and less customization.

Jammol
Old
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
It's annoying as hell for me because I already have flipboard as a damn widget. What's worse is you can't even put your flipboard account on there.

At&t Note III...& At&t G Pro
My Devices...

Future Phone: Don't know yet?
Current Phones: Xperia Z Ultra 6806
Past: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 AT&T [Unlocked], LG Optimus G Pro AT&T, LG Optimus G AT&T, LG Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T, Samsung GS2 AT&T, Sony Xperia ion AT&T, Samsung Infuse AT&T(First Android Phone), All iPhones before that.

jokesonme
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Default Semi Solution

In a search on another thread to find a solution for getting to the home screen or home page without pressing the home button, user Dankchild provided this app:

Swipe Home Button Free

It creates a small area at the bottom of the screen where you can swipe up and it will take you home (or another custom action you set). You have to swipe from a little off the bottom of the screen up, and the magazine action is still there if you start on the screen, but since installing this and getting used to swiping from the bottom starting off the screen, I haven't opened the magazine application once. Not a fix but it is working great for me and killing two birds with one stone!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jokesonme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N8shon
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I'm looking for the same thing-a way to disable the stupid My Magazine swipe-up gesture. It's half baked and useless to me. Flipboard is much better and more customizable and I hate that the gesture is there at all in the stock launcher. There has to be a way around this somehow.

kitsinni
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I went in to My Magazine and turned off the launch when pressing home button. Then with my phone rooted I froze it with titanium backup. Now if you swipe up from the bottom you get a little popup that says "No app found" or something like that. I have not found a way to get rid of that completely, maybe with that swipe up program listed above.