Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 40,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] nexus 7 bricked - booting failed - only bootloader works - no USB connection

Tip us?

eight.zero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] nexus 7 bricked - booting failed - only bootloader works - no USB connection

hi guys.

i bricked my nexus 7 ...
tried to manually install kitkat.
i read a how to... erased cache etc etc.
after these steps, i tried to install the image. but it didnt work. i tried to flash the bootloader. didnt work.

after this, i dont know at which step, i lost the usb connection. i cant boot anything. no recovery mode etc.

after switching off my device, it says 'booting failed' ... i only can access to the bootloader at restart it.
using adb devices - no devices found.

who can help me... ?!

sorry for my bad english

eight.zero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
come on guys need help

faizleaves
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight.zero View Post
hi guys.

i bricked my nexus 7 ...
tried to manually install kitkat.
i read a how to... erased cache etc etc.
after these steps, i tried to install the image. but it didnt work. i tried to flash the bootloader. didnt work.

after this, i dont know at which step, i lost the usb connection. i cant boot anything. no recovery mode etc.

after switching off my device, it says 'booting failed' ... i only can access to the bootloader at restart it.
using adb devices - no devices found.

who can help me... ?!

sorry for my bad english

hmm that sounds bad dude, first don't try stuff you aren't sure of !
Second, you are lucky that you can access boot loader; most nexus become paper weight
here are steps to get it back to life.
1 ) download nexus root toolkit 1.80
2 ) select your device and ROM what was running on.
3 ) there are icon buttons first install drivers using first button.(Full driver installation guide etc)
4 ) then go to the button that is flash stock+unroot {make sure to check current status(soft bricked) }
5 ) then if you have a stock room saved, select that or choose auto( it will do all the steps it self )
6 ) it will download and install through boot loader mode
have fun

Anonymous777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I had that similar problem, like mentioned before me.. Download thenexus toolkit aand either try to flash stock firmware or you might have to download the original firmware (which is easy to which) and then side load or manually push the image to your tablet

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous777 View Post
I had that similar problem, like mentioned before me.. Download thenexus toolkit aand either try to flash stock firmware or you might have to download the original firmware (which is easy to which) and then side load or manually push the image to your tablet
Sorry, that was the poorest grammar ever!