FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Keyboard Secondary Symbols?

233 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By phil.culler, Senior Member on 14th February 2014, 02:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I noticed today that my keyboard secondary symbols on all the letters are missing. They were there yesterday. Since then, I have rooted the phone, installed Xposed Framework, Wanam, Multi Window Manager, and RootCloak. Somewhere between then and now, they have disappeared. Anybody have any ideas?

I have enabled Keyboard symbols in Wanam and rebooted, doesnt seem to change anything.

Thanks in advance!

13th March 2014, 05:39 PM |#2  
Largo, FL
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.culler

So I noticed today that my keyboard secondary symbols on all the letters are missing. They were there yesterday. Since then, I have rooted the phone, installed Xposed Framework, Wanam, Multi Window Manager, and RootCloak. Somewhere between then and now, they have disappeared. Anybody have any ideas?

I have enabled Keyboard symbols in Wanam and rebooted, doesnt seem to change anything.

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same issue. Anyone have a fix?
14th March 2014, 09:57 AM |#3  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 681

More
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennemat

I'm having the same issue. Anyone have a fix?

Did you both try going into actual input settings and not just wanam to check if symbols are enabled on keyboard?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
14th March 2014, 03:37 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Yeah I did. I have since jumped ship for the SwiftKey beta since it has an optional number row like the Samsung keyboard and I like the autocorrect better.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
14th March 2014, 03:40 PM |#5  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 681

More
Quote:

Yeah I did. I have since jumped ship for the SwiftKey beta since it has an optional number row like the Samsung keyboard and I like the autocorrect better.

That was going to be my next suggestion lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
14th March 2014, 03:41 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I had SwiftKey on all my phones prior to this one, but I fell in love with the dedicated number row and SwiftKey didn't have that at the time. Now all is good

14th March 2014, 06:28 PM |#7  
Largo, FL

More
The problem is in the feature.xml file in system/csc. Xposed and/Wanam alter that file and remove the secondary symbols. I just backed up the original file then copied it over the changed one after I installed xposed and Wanam. Problem solved.

Thanks for the input everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to bennemat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2014, 01:20 AM |#8  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

The problem is in the feature.xml file in system/csc. Xposed and/Wanam alter that file and remove the secondary symbols. I just backed up the original file then copied it over the changed one after I installed xposed and Wanam. Problem solved.

Thanks for the input everyone.

so I have this same problem. could you provide me with your back up? Or possibly, if anyone could advise what line to change, please do!
15th March 2014, 01:52 AM |#9  
Largo, FL

More
Here's a copy of mine. Just move it to system/csc and change the permissions to r-w-r-r. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip feature.xml.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.4 KB, 242 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bennemat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 06:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:

Here's a copy of mine. Just move it to system/csc and change the permissions to r-w-r-r. Hope this helps.

Bro, thank you for this fix
29th March 2014, 07:12 PM |#11  
Largo, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0Ne83

Bro, thank you for this fix

You're very welcome. It's nice to be able to give back for a change!
The Following User Says Thank You to bennemat For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
keyboard, symbols, wanam, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread