Ask a question

No registration required

CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad

OP icharleslin

28th February 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

4 posts
Technology is getting smarter and smaller. Devices are evolving to the point that they are able to wirelessly charge. The CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad is a great example for devices evolving. This small device can charge devices, such as tablets, that are much larger than the wireless charger itself.

Inside the package is the Qi charging pad, a micro USB cable and an instruction packet. Te packaging is also very small, but able to safely fit its contents inside. My initial thought is that this is the smallest Qi charger that I have (3.6 x 0.4 x 3.6 inches).

The charging pad has a mat black finish. The top has an imprint of the Choetech logo. The front has a blue LED that is on when a compatible Qi device is placed. The back has a micro USB slot to power the wireless charger, but does not include an actual AC adapter to power the device. Using the USB 2.0/3.0 ports on a desktop or laptop would only give 0.9A max, which isnít efficient for charging a device. Using the included AC adapter of your device should be used. The bottom has four anti slip rubber feet which is a great for resisting slipping and scratching the bottom. The bottom also has the following:

Wireless Charger Model No: T511
Input: 5V/2A (Max)
Output: 5V/1A (Max)
Qi Standard

Full Specifications:
Input: 5V 1-2A
Output transmission power: 5W
Transmitting frequency: 110 KHz to 205 KHz
Conversion efficiency: 72% (Max)
Standby power consumption: 10mW
Working temperature: 14įF - 104įF
Shell surface temperature: 113įF (Max)

I then tested this device with my Nexus 7 (2013), running android 4.4.2 with a 3950 mAh battery, and a 2.1A charger from my Nexus 7 (2013). The results were as follows:

43% 5:12pm
60% 6:28pm
71% 7:12pm

The battery went from 43% to 71% in two hours, or 28%. This means it would take roughly 7-8 hours to fully charge this device. These results arenít horrible but arenít great either. For the portability, it does charge the device well.

Overall, this device is made with portability in mind. I would recommend this device to individuals that need a portable device to wirelessly charge their device, and why I give it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

Pros:
+ Smallest Qi charge device that I own. (3.6 x 0.4 x 3.6 inches)
+ Anti-slip feet prevents the bottom from scratching.
+ Micro USB interface for charging.

Cons:
- Would take roughly 7-8 hours to fully charge my N7 2013.
- No included AC adapter

I was provided a sample in exchange for an honest and thorough review.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icharleslin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icharleslin

Technology is getting smarter and smaller. Devices are evolving to the point that they are able to wirelessly charge. The CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad is a great example for devices evolving. This small device can charge devices, such as tablets, that are much larger than the wireless charger itself.

Inside the package is the Qi charging pad, a micro USB cable and an instruction packet. Te packaging is also very small, but able to safely fit its contents inside. My initial thought is that this is the smallest Qi charger that I have (3.6 x 0.4 x 3.6 inches).

The charging pad has a mat black finish. The top has an imprint of the Choetech logo. The front has a blue LED that is on when a compatible Qi device is placed. The back has a micro USB slot to power the wireless charger, but does not include an actual AC adapter to power the device. Using the USB 2.0/3.0 ports on a desktop or laptop would only give 0.9A max, which isnít efficient for charging a device. Using the included AC adapter of your device should be used. The bottom has four anti slip rubber feet which is a great for resisting slipping and scratching the bottom. The bottom also has the following:

Wireless Charger Model No: T511
Input: 5V/2A (Max)
Output: 5V/1A (Max)
Qi Standard

Full Specifications:
Input: 5V 1-2A
Output transmission power: 5W
Transmitting frequency: 110 KHz to 205 KHz
Conversion efficiency: 72% (Max)
Standby power consumption: 10mW
Working temperature: 14įF - 104įF
Shell surface temperature: 113įF (Max)

I then tested this device with my Nexus 7 (2013), running android 4.4.2 with a 3950 mAh battery, and a 2.1A charger from my Nexus 7 (2013). The results were as follows:

43% 5:12pm
60% 6:28pm
71% 7:12pm

The battery went from 43% to 71% in two hours, or 28%. This means it would take roughly 7-8 hours to fully charge this device. These results arenít horrible but arenít great either. For the portability, it does charge the device well.

Overall, this device is made with portability in mind. I would recommend this device to individuals that need a portable device to wirelessly charge their device, and why I give it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

Pros:
+ Smallest Qi charge device that I own. (3.6 x 0.4 x 3.6 inches)
+ Anti-slip feet prevents the bottom from scratching.
+ Micro USB interface for charging.

Cons:
- Would take roughly 7-8 hours to fully charge my N7 2013.
- No included AC adapter

I was provided a sample in exchange for an honest and thorough review.

Have you charged your mobile phone? And how long? How much is it? Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread