Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Panasonic QE-TM101

Tip us?

cue_32
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Battery Full Panasonic QE-TM101

Unless I've missed it from my research but I haven't seen any mention of this Wireless Qi charger from Panasonic. Seems pretty good as it also goes and detects the device, so no need to move the phone or the tablet around to ensure it is charging. One fairly common complaint I notice is that they have to move the device around to ensure the charger finds the phone\tablet.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this as I may be picking it up for my Sexy Nexie 4 and 7. Or at the very least, here's another option for everyone to look into for their devices.

Here's a video review of some drunk guy on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpr6JkP5ow
Current Device:
HTC One (Rogers)

Previous Devices :
Too many to list

rmm200
Old
Thanks Meter 265
I have had mine for a couple of weeks. Love it. My tablet pretty much stays charged all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rmm200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

croques
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I have one I bought for my Nexus 4 as soon as my N4 arrived in January. Works fine with the Nexus 7 - although never seems to switch off from charging. When I leave it charging over night the charge light almost always on in the morning but the Nexus 7 only feels barely warm. So probably it is just trickle charging.
The Following User Says Thank You to croques For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cue_32
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by croques View Post
I have one I bought for my Nexus 4 as soon as my N4 arrived in January. Works fine with the Nexus 7 - although never seems to switch off from charging. When I leave it charging over night the charge light almost always on in the morning but the Nexus 7 only feels barely warm. So probably it is just trickle charging.
From your experience approximately how long does it take to charge the Nexus 7? My other concern about wireless charging is how it affects the battery life overall. I'm assuming you guys only place it on the charger from empty to full all the time?
Current Device:
HTC One (Rogers)

Previous Devices :
Too many to list

EG8196
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by croques View Post
Works fine with the Nexus 7 - although never seems to switch off from charging. When I leave it charging over night the charge light almost always on in the morning
x2, I am afraid it would shorten the battery life.

rmm200
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Pretty much I am either holding my nexus or it is laying on the charger. From its lowest point, maybe 20%, it will charge to full in 4-5 hours. Then the light on the charging pad starts flashing.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I should add, the nexus is noticeably warm when I take it off the charging pass. This is not a trickle charge.

croques
Old
(Last edited by croques; 19th August 2013 at 06:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
To clarify my earlier post:

Charging for N7 takes a long time - I guesstimate charging time is 5 or 6 hours. I normally charge it overnight. My N4 charges and switches off at around 95%. N7 charges to full charge.

The Panasonic charging coil seeks out the best position for charging the device. The N7 coil is physically in the centre of the back, so position placement really doesn't matter much.

EG8196
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
From its lowest point, maybe 20%, it will charge to full in 4-5 hours. Then the light on the charging pad starts flashing.
flashing means something wrong

Phamwich
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have one, works perfectly well with the Nexus 7. The charging coil in the station is motorized, so it'll sound like a quiet inkjet printer when it positions the coil, but it's not loud at all and doesn't bother me. Works especially well if it's on your nightstand... especially when it's time to go to bed and you're too tired to bother with a cable or another Qi charger in the dark. As long as you don't place the tablet like halfway off the station, it should work.

As far as cutting off charge, some people have said that it charges to 100% then won't initiate charging again until the device drops to 90%. Haven't really had a chance to test it, but every time I've picked up my tablet after a night of charging, my Nexus is at 100%.

zim2dive
Old
Thanks Meter 44
totally not trying to thread-crap.... just figured I should mention that AT&T is selling the Nokia DT900 at half price.. $25 for wireless charging is great way to give it a try. It's working perfectly with my N7 and N4... I just ordered a 2nd.
Device 1: Nexus 5 16GB (stock)
Device 2: Nexus7 (2013) 16GB (unlocked/rooted/TWRP/Stock ROM) (Poetic slimline case, Snugg on pre-order)
Device 3: Vizio Co-Star (stock)
Device 4: Logitech Revue (stock)