Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did it work for u?
Yes 11 68.75%
No 2 12.50%
Instruction is un-clear! 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

[Giude] Unlimited INTERNAL MEMORY, Spice, Karbonn, HTC, Samsung, Moto, Micromax, ALL

Tip us?

sadhu_s60
Old
(Last edited by sadhu_s60; 24th May 2013 at 01:44 PM.) Reason: app updated to v2.4.2
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Thumbs up [Giude] Unlimited INTERNAL MEMORY, Spice, Karbonn, HTC, Samsung, Moto, Micromax, ALL

This is NOT a phone/brand specific guide

Motorola FIRE RAZR ATRIX DEFY DROID MileStone + XT PRO
Samsung Galaxy Duos Y Pocket Mini Ace
HTC Wildfire Explorer Desire One Sensation Salsa Chacha Evo Incredible Inspire Hero
Spice Mi 270 280 300 310 350 350n 410 425 500 720
Karbonn A7 A9
Micromax A52 A45 A50 A75 A73 A85 A70 A78 A60
Froyo or GingerBread GB

Most probably will work on HoneyComb, ICS & above since the app gets regularly updated. Check developer's description on Play Store.

When to do:
If fone runs out of internal memory or u know for sure tat it will

Requirements:
1. SD card
2. MiniTool Partition (free) software on windows PC - http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html
3. Link2SD

* higher the CLASS of SD, faster the performance
* link2SD is available for FREE on Play Store. Get the latest version. If u dont hav a STORE, find the compatible version yrself or try the attached APK

Preparation:
1. ROOT yr fone
2. settings - privacy - factory reset
3. switch OFF

* if u dont know whether yr fone is ROOTed or not, then its surely NOT-ROOTed
* if factory reset doesnt wipe yr fone, switch off & enter RECOVERY & clear dalvik, cache, etc
* in many fones recovery can be entered by simply POWERing ON while HOLDING Volume Up

Process:
1. take out SD
2. say, its a 16gb SD, use MINITOOL on PC & create 1st PRIMARY partition of 14gb as FAT32
3. 2nd PRIMARY partition of 2gb as EXT2
4. u'll get some warnings, ignore them
5. once u r done, leave the SD aside, DONT plug it in fone
6. start yr fone & DONT let play store auto update anything
7. Ummm... Have a smoke!
8. update superuser bianary, restart
9. plugin the modded SD
10. install LINK2SD from play store in INTERNAL MEMORY
11. run the app
12. on 1st run the app will ask whats the 2nd partition type. Choose EXT2
13. if the app doesnt say tat, repartition again, if still doesnt say, figure out wats wrong
14. dont proceed unless u get tat popup msg from link2sd. once u get tat msg, accept it & restart
15. run the app & configure android's inbuilt app2sd to install in INTERNAL MEMORY by default
16. now configure link2sd to auto link new installations to SD
17. restart & hav fun

*how to check: install ANYTHING on yr fone & after it says install complete, link2sd will popup in notification & say LINKING. let it do its work & say LINKED
*note : DONT ever format the modded SD thru fone, it'll delete the illegal partition
*can b used on ANY andoid device
*never hot-swap yr SD cause its part of system now. to take out SD, turn off fone
*if u follow the clean format method, DO NOT read beyond this! u'll never have to worry bout free space, just enjoy yr droid

==========================

effect is best noted if clean format method is followed but.....

those who dont wanna format, do all the settings as point 15&16, then for the stuff tat r already installed in INTERNAL mem, LINK them to SD, DO NOT MOVE them to SD. if u have stuff installed in SD previously, MOVE them to internal mem & LINK them to SD

*always LINK with LIBs & all the 3 options preferably
*DONT LINK link2SD & Play Store update :P
*u can LINK absolutely anything even if its system update & always LINK with libs & all the options it shows
*before LINKing system updates, FORCE CLOSE tat app
*those who DONT format, might get ForceClose after linking system updates. in tat case, uninstall the update & reinstall & let link2sd do its job auto
*even tho u LINK apps from internal mem, system wont show the space freed unless u REBOOT
*system will never count the extended mem, use the link2sd app to see system stat

==========================

Pls dont ask questions which r impossible/lame to answer. like:
1. will it work on my such & such device
2. will it work on my such & such 3rd party ROM
3. how much should i allot
4. can i use some other file system for 1st/2nd partition
Attached Files
File Type: apk Link2SD 2.1.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (685.5 KB, 672 views)
File Type: apk link2SD_2.2.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (693.4 KB, 586 views)
File Type: apk Link2SD 2.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (882.2 KB, 275 views)
File Type: apk Link2SD_2.4.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (913.1 KB, 891 views)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sadhu_s60 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sadhu_s60
Old
(Last edited by sadhu_s60; 10th August 2012 at 08:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
said method of linking to SD yields much more free system mem than any other moving to SD technique! also it has added advantages over others which u'll realise once u start using it
The Following User Says Thank You to sadhu_s60 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prajmani
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have stuck at 2nd step of process.. I downloaded the PARTITION MAGIC whole file of nearly 25MB but could not do further things.. frustrated.. gave up..
I could root my Chinese dual sim i9220 easily.. with help of SuperOneClick.. but doing this stuff found v difficult.. needless to say.. I am not good in tech things.. pls help.. thanks in advance..

sadhu_s60
Old
(Last edited by sadhu_s60; 6th August 2012 at 08:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
1st plugin SD in pc & then fire up MINITOOL

app will show the sd card with 1 partition

hi-light the partition & hit DELETE

UN PARTITIONED space will b created

hi-lite UNPARTITIONED space & hit create... make partitions as described

now hit the BIG GREEN "APPLY" button

....the app only does its job when u hit APPLY... if u dont hit APPLY, no changes will be made to... this is a security feature
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadhu_s60 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dakidd516
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Fantastic..works like a charm on HTC EVO 4G LTE

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

pajenn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the guide. i'm about to try it on my samsung xcover phone (android 2.3.6), which is already rooted. i take it that the factory reset will erase all the apps that didn't come with the phone, so what's the recommended way to backup the apps and restore them after link2SD? (Obviously I can just copy the contents of the old fat32 partition to the new fat32 partition, but I assume there's something more involved here).

sadhu_s60
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
if u prefer to save apps rather than clean format method, theres method laid out for tat too.... read the whole post

restoring the contents of existing fat32 after format will NOT bring anything back.... its just garbage

Mr.Mefisto
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,053

DONATE TO ME
Thanks Sadhu for this! You are great man! You worked on this with developer or you are just an advanced user of this app? I will push the thanks button for this mate!!!

sadhu_s60
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mefisto View Post
Thanks Sadhu for this! You are great man! You worked on this with developer or you are just an advanced user of this app? I will push the thanks button for this mate!!!
tnx bro

no am not working with developer or anything cool of that sort.... i was a webmaster for 7yrs distributing symbian/WM 0-day releases... so love to mingle

if any developer wants webspace to provide direct links, i'll b happy to help
The Following User Says Thank You to sadhu_s60 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harigavara
Old
Thanks Meter 26
i tried partiioning my 16gb class 4 sd card both tru cwm partition option and mini partition tool on pc(the method u said here).but evrithing was fine upto partioning.but the partitioned ext2 is not mounting automatically.n i dnt know how to mount it manually.
any help????
galaxy Y is the mobile.

Tags
internal, issue, link2sd, low, memory