Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't boot into download mode/recovery mode

Tip us?
 
Ninetailz
Old
(Last edited by Ninetailz; 13th April 2014 at 11:30 PM.)
#1  
Ninetailz's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] Can't boot into download mode/recovery mode

Hello,

For some reason, After unrooting my Galaxy S4 i9505 by supersu and resetting the brinary counter i can't seem to get to the download mode or the recovery mode. I tried holding Vol down + Home + Power button to go into download mode but instead it boots into OS, and same for the recovery. i also tried factory reset but the same result (btw in the factory reset my twrp recovery showed up to create partition etc.)

Can someone help me with this, Appreciate any help also i am new here

--------------------------------------------------------
Extra info
--------------------------------------------------------
Andriod version: 4.3
Model Number: GT-i9505
Build number: JSS15J.I9505XXUENA8
---------------------------------------------------------
 
jeffrey268
Old
(Last edited by jeffrey268; 14th April 2014 at 12:42 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 123
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: W.b.D.
Exclamation Try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetailz View Post
Hello,

For some reason, After unrooting my Galaxy S4 i9505 by supersu and resetting the brinary counter i can't seem to get to the download mode or the recovery mode. I tried holding Vol down + Home + Power button to go into download mode but instead it boots into OS, and same for the recovery. i also tried factory reset but the same result (btw in the factory reset my twrp recovery showed up to create partition etc.)

Can someone help me with this, Appreciate any help also i am new here

--------------------------------------------------------
Extra info
--------------------------------------------------------
Andriod version: 4.3
Model Number: GT-i9505
Build number: JSS15J.I9505XXUENA8
---------------------------------------------------------
Try to reboot into download mode or recovery with ADB:
adb reboot download
adb reboot recovery

Info &download on ADB:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

Before you do don't forget to enable USB debugging under Developer options.
Phone:
Device: Samsung galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
OS: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: GOOGLE EDITION 4.4.4 by Danvdh, Kryten2k35 & Ktoonsez.

Tablet 1:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
OS: Android JellyBean 4.4.2
ROM: Stock (Rooted)

Tablet 2:
Device: PackardBell Liberty Tab (G100W)
OS: Android KitKat 4.4.3
ROM: OmniROM 4.4.3 A500/A501 (latest version)

↓↓↓↓↓ If my post helped you just hit that THANKS button down there. ↓↓↓↓↓
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffrey268 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ninetailz
Old
(Last edited by Ninetailz; 14th April 2014 at 02:53 AM.)
#3  
Ninetailz's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey268 View Post
Try to reboot into download mode or recovery with ADB:
adb reboot download
adb reboot recovery

Info &download on ADB:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

Before you do don't forget to enable USB debugging under Developer options.
Thanks, its worked by adb but I can't go into the download mode or recovery mode by tapping those home+volup+power button.
Is there a way to fix that or i have to every time go to the download mode by adb ?
 
jeffrey268
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 123
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: W.b.D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetailz View Post
Thanks, its worked by adb but I can't go into the download mode or recovery mode by tapping those home+volup+power button.
Is there a way to fix that or i have to every time go to the download mode by adb ?
Download your stock firmware from http://www.sammobile.com and flash it with odin,
after that flash philz touch recovery with odin too.
Phone:
Device: Samsung galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
OS: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: GOOGLE EDITION 4.4.4 by Danvdh, Kryten2k35 & Ktoonsez.

Tablet 1:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
OS: Android JellyBean 4.4.2
ROM: Stock (Rooted)

Tablet 2:
Device: PackardBell Liberty Tab (G100W)
OS: Android KitKat 4.4.3
ROM: OmniROM 4.4.3 A500/A501 (latest version)

↓↓↓↓↓ If my post helped you just hit that THANKS button down there. ↓↓↓↓↓
 
Ninetailz
Old
#5  
Ninetailz's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey268 View Post
Download your stock firmware from sammobile and flash it with odin,
after that flash philz touch recovery with odin too.
I flashed my firmware but philz touch recovery needs root which my phone doesn't have also the download mode by button still doesn't work
 
das_ouphe
Old
(Last edited by das_ouphe; 14th April 2014 at 08:10 PM.)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 7
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetailz View Post
I flashed my firmware but philz touch recovery needs root which my phone doesn't have also the download mode by button still doesn't work
I don't have a direct solution but you don't need to press the Home button. Just holding Power and vol + or - also should do the trick.
The Following User Says Thank You to das_ouphe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KingOfDope
Old
#7  
KingOfDope's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 317
Join Date: Aug 2013
Try this:

Hold VOL + Home + Power buttons until it vibrates
then let the power button go
and wait untill the android logo shows up.
-- I AM A FLASHOHOLIC --
The Following User Says Thank You to KingOfDope For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ninetailz
Old
#8  
Ninetailz's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDope View Post
Try this:

Hold VOL + Home + Power buttons until it vibrates
then let the power button go
and wait untill the android logo shows up.
Thank you it worked After holding those button and keep holding them until the mode shows up

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ouphe View Post
I don't have a direct solution but you don't need to press the Home button. Just holding Power and vol + or - also should do the trick.
it still worked, without the home button it showing the download mode

And i have two another questions is there any way to Fix the KNOX warrenty void and kernel lock? and how to get the stock recovery?
 
Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 15th April 2014 at 06:49 AM.)
#9  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 545
Posts: 1,803
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetailz View Post
Thank you it worked After holding those button and keep holding them until the mode shows up



it still worked, without the home button it showing the download mode

And i have two another questions is there any way to Fix the KNOX warrenty void and kernel lock? and how to get the stock recovery?
1. No.
2. You will have to flash the STOCK ROM for recover the STOCK Recovery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
Ninetailz
Old
#10  
Ninetailz's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
1. No.
2. You will have to flash the STOCK ROM for recover the STOCK Recovery
Can you tell me how to do that, i am new at android.
Thanks in advance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes