Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Car Dock Thread!

Tip us?

deathshead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Default Car Dock Thread!

Hey guys, Lets make an official Car dock thread here for the Note 3.

I'm a current vzw Galaxy Nexus owner upgrading the to the Note 3 and tired of zero accessories available,
especially a *good* Car dock.

I really miss quality car docks, The Motorola Droid x car dock was the best ever and I havent seen anything close to it for
any device since. Part of what made it great was its spring loaded arm that popped open and closed, This made putting
phone in the dock was a 1 handed fast and east operation, and the dock didnt move.

Nobody wants to use 2 hands and plug wires in everytime they get into the car. Wireless charging built in would be a HUGE bonus too.

Lets see what starts becoming available and lets check them out here!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathshead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IamPro
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Prepare to be disappointed

This is the closest dock I have seen to what I'd want

http://www.amazon.com/iBOLT-xProDock.../dp/B00AOCSFYC
The Following User Says Thank You to IamPro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deathshead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamPro View Post

no no no plugging in wires!
Plugging wires in is going backwards..

Keeping my hopes up for a GOOD dock!

DMax99
Old
Thanks Meter 130
I'm using one of the Arkon ones for my note 2 atm, it should still work with the note 3 since the note 3 is supposed to be a bit smaller!

It's an awesome basic mount

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamPro View Post

iBolt looks great too, it too long for them to release before so I gave up getting it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Nokia 3310 --> Samsung Star --> Samsung Omnia HD --> Dell Streak --> Samsung Galaxy Note

physicsguymatt
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I currently use proclip for my VZW Nexus, the nice thing is the phone part is replaceable so I can just get that part for the note 3 when available. It's pricy but rock solid.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Bizack
Old
Thanks Meter 326

DONATE TO ME
Do they have a wireless charging car dock yet???

Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900
Galaxy Note 3 SM-900V Developer Edition~~~
VZW HTC One Max s-off, Rooted & Unlocked... Got ROM's?

Galaxy Note 8 Rooted w/ 'Civ's KK 1.3' 4 the Kids...
Galaxy Note II Beans 2x
Galaxy S III 'Beans' 2x

MikaelPe
Old
(Last edited by MikaelPe; 11th September 2013 at 06:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 136
Default xProDock is Note 3 compatible..

Thanks for starting a dedicated Note 3 thread. We here at iBOLT will participate and reply as necessary, great if we could have only one major thread for the car-dock category.

This week I am visiting the IFA show here in Berlin and after testing the Note 3 I can confirm that Samsung has not made any changes to the "DockMode" feature. It works perfect with our xProDock and the "DockMode" kicks in so that you can set an app like Dock'n Drive, CarHome Ultra, TuneIn or Slacker Radio as "default" home screen. The sound/music from apps can also come out through the microUSB when in dock mode and go the 3.5 mm aux-out that is included with the xPro.

The handset itself is very nice with the "stitched leather back" as you can see in the pictures. In the picture we have the AMPS plate attached which can be used instead of the suction cup if you want to attach to a vent mount from ProClip, a leather mount from KUDA or any pedestal mount type. The screen on the Note 3 is beautiful so indeed this will be an awesome Navigation device too. Let me know if there's any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1286.jpg
Views:	4551
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	2249555   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1287.jpg
Views:	4176
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	2249561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1288.jpg
Views:	3622
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	2249563  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikaelPe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antonioeram
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I am looking for a Qi car charger/holder. I am wondering if the ones designed for NOTE 2 will work with NOTE 3

http://www.amazon.com/Standard-wirel..._sim_sbs_cps_1
------
GALAXY NOTE N9005 :excellent:
GALAXY NOTE N7100

http://about.me/antonioeram

Maverick777
Old
Thanks Meter 83
This is what I've been using with my S3. It shows the Note 2 is compatible, so there's no reason the Note 3 shouldn't work.

http://www.mountek.com/

DataHawg
Old
Thanks Meter 767
The iBolt units look like they would do the job but pretty expensive for what I need it for. From my experience with car docks, I've gotten better sound quality by plugging the auxiliary cable directly into the phones auxiliary jack and bypassing the circuitry in the dock. I've tried all of those Car Home apps and don't like them. I want to use my phone the same way I always do while it is docked. Just give me a solid mount without all the bells and whistles and access to my headphone jack and USB charging ports without the circuitry in the dock.