Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

angyone know an app that allows you to play music through the phone bluetooth profile

Tip us?

cjindustry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default angyone know an app that allows you to play music through the phone bluetooth profile

my car doesnt have a audio profile but does do the phone throguh stereo, i was wondering if there is an app that will treat the music like a phone call and allow it to play through my car audio like a phone call

madeSICC
Old
Thanks Meter 18
BTmono might work? Check it out on the market

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I imagine that would make the music sound really, really bad.

techntrek
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Sounds like you would be better off with something like a Sound Fly. Plugs into your cigarette lighter and streams Bluetooth > FM.
Best phones I've had in 18 years of owning a cell phone ...................
1994 Motorola MicroTAC First "compact" cell phone, ever. My first cell phone, ever.
2007 HTC Advantage First phone with a 5" screen, ever. Had a stylus, too.
2012 Samsung Note Brilliant 5.3" screen. Useable form factor. Decent UI. Stylus. Best phone, ever.

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1141

DONATE TO ME
if your car supports bluetooth,for best quality use a 3.5mm jack....there's a couple good apps for with equalizers..or volume+ to get some very loud stuff pushing out plus settings in beta stage I believe and need to be rooted...bluetooth to me I don't think the quality will be that good,I may be wrong..

SkipKelley
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default Try Blue Tooth Audio Widget

It supports sterrio out put

techntrek
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish777 View Post
if your car supports bluetooth,for best quality use a 3.5mm jack.......bluetooth to me I don't think the quality will be that good,I may be wrong.
No, use bluetooth. The BT encoding is CD quality for starters. Plus this keeps the signal digital from source to receiver.

A big problem with using the jack is if you are also charging the phone you can set up a ground loop which will ruin the sound quality. Which is another good reason to stick with BT.
Best phones I've had in 18 years of owning a cell phone ...................
1994 Motorola MicroTAC First "compact" cell phone, ever. My first cell phone, ever.
2007 HTC Advantage First phone with a 5" screen, ever. Had a stylus, too.
2012 Samsung Note Brilliant 5.3" screen. Useable form factor. Decent UI. Stylus. Best phone, ever.

johnus
Old
Thanks Meter 27
He's talking about transmitting music through the mono hands free profile, not A2DP - his stereo doesn't support it. So it most definitely will not be "CD quality" otherwise my phone calls should be sounding a helluva lot better.

cjindustry: like madeSICC mentioned, BTmono may be what you're looking for. Give it a shot, although it won't work with everything. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bedoig.BTmono

And maybe you can look into your car's audio system a bit more, see if there's an auxiliary input that isn't advertised. Mine had the headers for aux but nothing hooked up to it. $20 later and I had the parts to install my own 3.5mm aux jack which is what I use for my in-car audio. Like techntrek said though, if you're charging there's always the possibility of some interference being heard and worst-case scenario, a power surge that could fry your stereo.

dakleenupman
Old
Thanks Meter 142
When you pair the device, go into the Bluetooth menu and see if there are settings to switch on/off for phone as well as media. Maybe with that you may get what you need. Just an idea.

SM-N900A
Galaxy Note Tre'
AT&T Bone Stock

SM-V700
Galaxy Gear
Bone Stock

slaydog
Old
(Last edited by slaydog; 12th March 2012 at 04:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 357
I used to listen to Sirius/podcasts and stuff through my regular BT earpiece on Windows Mobile, but have always found on Android that it is just too quiet to pump media through regular BT.
Gonna try with the Note tomorrow, hopefully its better.
There are a couple of apps to do it in the market (oh wait, its not called that anymore...)

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk