Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rebuilt Kindle Fire 2, need to fastboot and install jellybean. help!

Tip us?

chrisdku
Old
(Last edited by chrisdku; 15th March 2014 at 08:03 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Rebuilt Kindle Fire 2, need to fastboot and install jellybean. help!

Alright, little bit of background. Customer ended up leaving a half broken (logic board was messed up) at my business. I gave them so much time to pick it up after it sat for a very long time. They didn't. I figured why not find a new board, ebay had horrible prices on the board I needed so I bought a busted kindle (digitizer.) I took all the parts from the newly purchased kindle and used them in the old ones perfectly uncracked digitizer. Also put a new battery in. So I immediately found out all the cool things you can do with them and wanted to install jellybean on it. I spent the night trying to install the wrong drivers (thought it was 1st gen.) Then I finally got it to recognize as an ADB device. So I then found a guide stating I needed a factory cord. I fired up my solder station and started working on a micro usb cable. First go was a bust, acted like normal and came up. Something went wrong, so I took out all the solder on the micro usb part and started fresh with fresh cut cables instead of the factory ones. Boom! Fastboot immediately upon plugging it in. However, no ding in windows, and no recognized device with the fastboot command. Nothing. Just the Fastboot screen and a blinking stop light with green blinking on and off. So, what do I do?

EDIT: Took out the 4th pin wire and no recognition on the PC still. I am going to stop by walmart and see if I can find a cheap cable to try again with. Does anyone know any typical big box stores that you can buy easily modded cables from? Also if anyone can link me to the guide for doing the jelly bean stuff to a 10.4.8 software kindle I'd appreciate knowing I have the right link, I searched through a lot of guides, want to verify. Thanks!

stunts513
Old
(Last edited by stunts513; 16th March 2014 at 12:12 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 608

DONATE TO ME
Here's the guide for 2nd bootloader + twrp, ignore the fact this process was meant for a lesser version, just either put the rom on ahead of time or push the rom on with an "adb push" once it starts to bootloop into recovery. The bootloop is of no concern, it won't happen once you flash another rom.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2100963
Also just a warning, a bad fastboot cable can fry the kindles USB circuit, assume an ic or something partially shorts out, have seen it happen before on the forum. I don't have a link handy but there's a nifty adapted that goes between the end of a micro-usb cable and the kindle for fastboot mode, I believe its in the op of the thread I linked. Oh and please check the md5sum of the bootloader before downgrading/flashing it or you will risk hard brick it and be putting that soldering iron to some really good use...

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null