[Q] Ebay Verizon HTC One warranty issue

16th March 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Houston,TX
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
I got a Verizon HTC One by auction from ebay and the seller claimed it is brand new.Everything looks like it is new but there is a defect on the screen.Looks like a purple blemish and it doesn't seem like a dead pixel or something since I can see the defect even when the phone is powered off.The seller said he got it from craigslist and I contact Verizon and HTC and looks like they only take care of the phones sold by them.Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
16th March 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 141

172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderssonyang

I got a Verizon HTC One by auction from ebay and the seller claimed it is brand new.Everything looks like it is new but there is a defect on the screen.Looks like a purple blemish and it doesn't seem like a dead pixel or something since I can see the defect even when the phone is powered off.The seller said he got it from craigslist and I contact Verizon and HTC and looks like they only take care of the phones sold by them.Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Interesting, it could be the digitzer which is giving the purple colour. Could you perhaps post a picture of your HTC one (showing the screen)
Also I found an article that *may* be related to your problem.. Link
16th March 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Houston,TX
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownThing

Interesting, it could be the digitzer which is giving the purple colour. Could you perhaps post a picture of your HTC one (showing the screen)
Also I found an article that *may* be related to your problem.. Link

As the picture shown.It's more obvious when you look at the screen.I guess it should some kind of manufacturing defect since I can see a spot even when the screen is off.It should have nothing to do with the camera I guess.Thanks for the information though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010686.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	2633205  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread