Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hox+ can't unlock bootloader

Tip us?

Splittah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hox+ can't unlock bootloader

Hey guys, after running a few custom roms on my Hox+ I decided to return to stock as none of the ones I liked ran a stable build. This was achieved by running a Ruu (Asia WWE) then relocking the bootloader. Worked fine and have used phone for 3 months stock.

Last 4 weeks it would randomly crash and reboot by itself. It didn't bother me too much seeing as I didn't have time to fix it. However a week ago it crashed, tried to reboot and got stuck on the HTC logo screen. I looked around to try and find a solution and figured best way would be to unlock bootloader again and flash a custom ROM.

All well and good until I tried to unlock the bootloader. I got to this screen:

Then when I selected Yes, the phone reboots and I get back to bootloader and it says my phone is now locked, not just relocked. Every time I repeat it, it just stays in locked and trying the RUU again fails telling me I have the wrong RUU.

The only difference I noticed was that there is now another option has appeared in between SIMLOCK and SHOW BARCODE: SECURITY RESET.
I haven't tried it yet as I don't know what it does.

I have the One X+ International

*** LOCKED ***
ENRC2B_U PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.35.0000
CLPD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-3.1204.168.32
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH: OFF

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Orvandi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try this: http://androidruu.com/getdownload.ph...722_signed.exe

This should be the correct RUU? Also, relock your bootloader before running the RUU with fastboot oem lock.

Splittah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvandi View Post
Try this: http://androidruu.com/getdownload.ph...722_signed.exe

This should be the correct RUU? Also, relock your bootloader before running the RUU with fastboot oem lock.
Yes that is the RUU that I downloaded to run. Right, didn't bother with that because it said it was locked already.

Any clues as to how I could get the bootloader unlocked?

Thankyou!