Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One X+ stuck on htc logo boot screen.

Tip us?

Splittah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default One X+ stuck on htc logo boot screen.

Stuck on white background with htc logo, stock rom from RUU, relocked bootloader. am able to get into bootloader, Not sure where to go from here without screwing it more, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ethanon
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Please provide some more information .. Like your phone build, also let us know of what were you trying to achieve and the things that you have done with the phone.
=========================<HIT THANKS IF IT HELPED YOU>===============================

santinobonotaa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanon View Post
Please provide some more information .. Like your phone build, also let us know of what were you trying to achieve and the things that you have done with the phone.

i have the same problem, stuck in here for .. 2 mabey 3 months...
here is some info:
hboot:1.40.0000(*** unlocked ***)
cid:htc_e11
s-on
enrc2b_u

i have installed twrp and that's pretty mutch everything what is on my phone..
i wiped my phone before installing the new rom.. and now i'm not able to get past my bootscreen please could anyone help me?
im sure there are a couple more phones like this ohh btw i have a "HTC One X +".

XAlexander_AlexanderX
Old
Thanks Meter 78
If your bootloader says relocked, you won't be able to not a custom kernel. What are you trying to do specifically?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app
Current Device: MOTO X
Rooted, Dev Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
Previous Devices: T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G, Droid Incredible 2, LG G2X, HTC Rezound, LG Optimus L9 P769, AT&T HOX+

ethanon
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by santinobonotaa View Post
i have the same problem, stuck in here for .. 2 mabey 3 months...
here is some info:
hboot:1.40.0000(*** unlocked ***)
cid:htc_e11
s-on
enrc2b_u

i have installed twrp and that's pretty mutch everything what is on my phone..
i wiped my phone before installing the new rom.. and now i'm not able to get past my bootscreen please could anyone help me?
im sure there are a couple more phones like this ohh btw i have a "HTC One X +".

Did you install the boot.img that came within the rom ? to help you we need more exact steps .
=========================<HIT THANKS IF IT HELPED YOU>===============================

Splittah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No guys I just used the RUU to return it to stock, relocked the bootloader and have used the phone for 3 months as is without any problems and for some godforsaken reason its now stuck in a bootloop and all i want to do is use my phone like normal again.
Hboot 1.35
radio 3.1204.168.32

santinobonotaa
Old
(Last edited by santinobonotaa; 14th March 2014 at 09:02 AM.) Reason: another question
Thanks Meter 0
Wink additional help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanon View Post
Did you install the boot.img that came within the rom ? to help you we need more exact steps .
heey,
i used the next steps but all failed

cmd.exe -> adb toolkit
fastboot(usb)(on phone)
(on computer)
fastboot flash cm10.0 (sorry i was desperate, but it failed)
adb sideload cm10.0 (also failed)(error code: E:Error executiong updater binary in zip '/data/media/sideload.zip')
im using team win recovery project v2.6.3.0
phone is always above 60%
any questions?
just ask
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
also is it possible to use an OTG cable to access a usb stick? that would be a very nice solution for phones that cannot change theyre sd card or there battery.

mrg209
Old
(Last edited by mrg209; 15th March 2014 at 12:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default similar issue, yet to find a solution

Hi all,

I'm having a very similar issue to the one here. I have the HTC One X+ on AT&T. I had never rooted this phone. I got the OTA update in January, which seemed to go pretty smoothly. The phone was slow for a few days until I got all the apps updated and then was starting to be normal again. Every now and then it would hang and then I'd force restart and it would stick on the bootscreen until I restarted again. One day, however, it did this and then never exited the bootscreen. Got into the bootloader menu and did factory reset in hboot mode, which did nothing. Then I find out it wouldn't do anything because the settings of the phone were set to Fastboot and that needs to be unchecked for factory reset to work. But I can't get into the phone to change that, so I started looking through many many forums here at XDA and trying solutions to problems that were as close to mine as I could find. ...most people have this problem when first attempting the update or when putting on a custom rom, or using a different HTC phone.

So, I've learned quite a bit about flashing roms and the architecture of my phone, but not enough to fix this or to know where I may have may things worse. Here is a summary of what I attempted (all with battery >50% and HTC Sync has been installed on my computer--although the computer never recognizes the device and says driver install failed every phone reboot):

First was to get adb and fastboot and clear the cache
Then I ran the RUU: RUU_EVITARE_UL_JB_50_S_Cingular_US_2.15.502.1_Radi o_2.21.5517.15_18.27.11.35L_release_341689_signed_ 0220
It claimed it updated my phone from 2.15.502 to 2.15.502 and then hung on the bootscreen. (it did CHANGE the bootscreen logo to a simple HTC)
Older RUUs return an error that they are not the right RUU for my phone.

Next, I attempted to directly flash the recovery_signed and boot.img from the zipped roms that were in the TEMP folder after initializing the RUU (according to one forum thread), but this method required a system.img to exist and it does not.

I flashed TWRP recovery (v2.6.3.0) and can access that just fine. The entire phone is wiped. There is no OS. I cannot mount the SD card.

Most recently, I attempted to sideload the zipped ROM from the RUU (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317986). It failed (unable to find partition size..unable to mount anything), so I used adb push to put the rom onto the SD card. Install from TWRP also failed. Unable to find/mount anything. That's where I am now.

*** UNLOCKED ***
EVITARE_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.73.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-SSD:2.21.5517.15
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM TYPE : MDM9215M
Sep 30 2013, 17:16:15

(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.73.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: SSD:2.21.5517.15
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.15.502.1
(bootloader) serialno: ***********
(bootloader) imei: ***************
(bootloader) product: evitare_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PM6310000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4160mV
(bootloader) devpower: 93
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Thanks.

santinobonotaa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face mabey case closed?!

heeyy,, i fixed my HOX+ (HTC ONE+) with the next steps:
download this rom, boot.img , recovery and gapps. ---> dropboxbox /sh/kzgnoqmfstuc53z/IEof1v7nL3
make sure you have the latest sdk tools
open the SDK Manager.exe only install: platform tools
once installed open it.. search cmd.exe on your computer. (easiest is windows-key -> type: cmd.exe -> right click -> copy) and paste it in the platform tools folder.
open cmd.exe in the platform tools folder, from here we go to the phone

now connect your phone and computer by cable.
now start your HOX+ in fastboot mode, press power button with volume-down button at the same time (make sure you unlocked your HOX+ on the htcdev website.)
now make sure the red text on your phone is: fastboot usb
and we go back to our laptop.

go to the cmd program, type the following: fastboot flash recovery [recovery.img*]
* drag the recovery of the downloaded recovery.img to the cmd
now when you flashed the recovery.. now lets flash the boot...
type the following: fastboot flash boot [boot.img**]
** drag the boot of the downloaded boot.img to the cmd
now reboot the phone in recovery mode.
go back to your cmd.
and type again the following:adb devices <-- and make sure your device is in there otherwise ther's a problem
and than:adb push [cm10.zip***]
*** drag the cm10 for the downloaded cm10 to the cmd
and wait.....
and wait more...
and when it's completed..
go to your phone and install zip from sdcard.
search: cm10 blablabla and install .. and now reboot ^^

im not a professional.. i just shared my solution with you and i hope it helped your bootlooped phone too!!

and if someone could help me with upgrading cm10 to a custom rom 4.4 (kitkat) with a detailed description would it encourage me to help other people and it would even encourage me to study for application devellopment <3

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

sorry for dropbox link .. :$
Quote:
Originally Posted by santinobonotaa View Post
heeyy,, i fixed my HOX+ (HTC ONE+) with the next steps:
download this rom, boot.img , recovery and gapps. ---> dropboxbox /sh/kzgnoqmfstuc53z/IEof1v7nL3
make sure you have the latest sdk tools
open the SDK Manager.exe only install: platform tools
once installed open it.. search cmd.exe on your computer. (easiest is windows-key -> type: cmd.exe -> right click -> copy) and paste it in the platform tools folder.
open cmd.exe in the platform tools folder, from here we go to the phone

now connect your phone and computer by cable.
now start your HOX+ in fastboot mode, press power button with volume-down button at the same time (make sure you unlocked your HOX+ on the htcdev website.)
now make sure the red text on your phone is: fastboot usb
and we go back to our laptop.

go to the cmd program, type the following: fastboot flash recovery [recovery.img*]
* drag the recovery of the downloaded recovery.img to the cmd
now when you flashed the recovery.. now lets flash the boot...
type the following: fastboot flash boot [boot.img**]
** drag the boot of the downloaded boot.img to the cmd
now reboot the phone in recovery mode.
go back to your cmd.
and type again the following:adb devices <-- and make sure your device is in there otherwise ther's a problem
and than:adb push [cm10.zip***]
*** drag the cm10 for the downloaded cm10 to the cmd
and wait.....
and wait more...
and when it's completed..
go to your phone and install zip from sdcard.
search: cm10 blablabla and install .. and now reboot ^^

im not a professional.. i just shared my solution with you and i hope it helped your bootlooped phone too!!

and if someone could help me with upgrading cm10 to a custom rom 4.4 (kitkat) with a detailed description would it encourage me to help other people and it would even encourage me to study for application devellopment <3

mrg209
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still stuck

TWRP wouldn't let me sideload and returned many "unable to mount" errors.
I put CWM on (the one rated for my phone) and it also gives the "can't mount" errors (/system, /data, /cache, etc.)
But I was able to sideload the Elegancia 6.2 rom onto the phone. It immediately started the install after that, but hangs at some early % (9.07 one time, now 13.07%).

These are subsequent attempts. The first time I wasn't staring at the phone and it appeared to have installed, but rebooted into HTC screen and stayed there. I had already flashed the kernel, but did so again with no luck.

CWM still says it can't mount /cache/recovery, etc.

Again, at a loss.