Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] LG G2 D802 Soft-Brick: KDZ flash won't start

OP Kratos6633

15th March 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hi,

This is my first post here, I hope I'm posting in the right section

I wanted to flash the G Pro 2 port (ROM) to my LG D802 (32GB) using cwm (had no problems with root and cwm).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2673143

I screwed it up and now booting is stuck at the LG logo, custom recovery is also gone. I can still enter download mode, so I tried to flash the stock ROM using R&D and the LG mobile support tool. When I plug the device in, the program starts to "connect" and after about 30 seconds it says new updates are available, then flashes to up to date immediately. It also gives me a code that is supposed to be the current firmware number, so I guess that the phone can connect to my PC just fine.

The problem is that when I want to flash the KDZ file the "select language" window doesn't pop up, instead it launches the LG mobile support (same as if I would launch the exe manually without R&D).

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...mware-1629632/

Step 11 works fine, but instead of Step 12 it launches the LG mobile support tool and says it's up to date

Also R&D freezes if I press "start upgrade" or "read phone information" are these considered normal? Tried on my PC and a laptop I borrowed. Crashes on both systems (PC-Windows 8.1 (64bit), Laptop-Windows 7 (64bit)).

Is there anything that can be done or am I totally screwed? Any help would be appreciated.

PS: In download mode it says rooted and shows the LG logo when I try to charge the phone (as if it was trying to boot), is it still charging or I will have a brick when the battery goes dead?

Edit: Windows enabler is on, though I have no idea what does it actually do (all guide say it is needed). Same goes for "small server".
Last edited by Kratos6633; 15th March 2014 at 06:43 PM.
15th March 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag .
Thanks Meter: 54
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Try using it on a different computer with a different internet connection. I had the same problems as you described. It somehow refused to install the KDZ file on my D802 but finally worked on my laptop.
Last edited by MK45A; 15th March 2014 at 10:16 PM.
15th March 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK45A

Try using it on a different computer with a different internet connection. I had the same problems as you described. It somehow refused to install the KDZ file on my D802 but finally worked on my laptop.

Thank You so much for answering. So You are saying it's picky when it comes to computers? Already tried two systems (Windows 8.1 and windows 7) but they were hooked up to the same router. My sister also has a laptop, after that Im out of laptops (lol). Will also try it with a different internet connection. Also could You please tell me what OS was running on your laptop? I read somewhere that XP compatibility mode can help. Doesn't make a difference for me, but it could mean that the program was written for XP and doesn't work on Windows 7/8 at all. At least I'm a bit relieved now that there's a little chance that it's just the program and not my phone
Last edited by Kratos6633; 15th March 2014 at 10:42 PM.
15th March 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag .
Thanks Meter: 54
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos6633

Thank You so much for answering. So You are saying it's picky when it comes to computers? Already tried two systems (Windows 8.1 and windows 7) but they were hooked up to the same router. My sister also has a laptop, after that Im out of laptops (lol). Will also try it with a different internet connection. Also could You please tell me what OS was running on your laptop? I read somewhere that XP compatibility mode can help. Doesn't make a difference for me, but it could mean that the program was written for XP and doesn't work on Windows 7/8 at all. At least I'm a bit relieved now that there's a little chance that it's just the program and not my phone

Yep, Windows XP did the job.

Have you earlier installed a KDZ file on your G2 and now doing it again but not working? or is this just the first time you're trying this?
16th March 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK45A

Yep, Windows XP did the job.

Have you earlier installed a KDZ file on your G2 and now doing it again but not working? or is this just the first time you're trying this?

It's my first time. Didn't really like all the bloatware, bad camera software and Jelly Bean with no update available (according to the phone). The LG Pro 2 ROM looked like it could fix all issues I had with the phone and... well, there's no bloatware on my phone now, that's for sure

Thanks again for your help, I will try with XP. Hopefully it will work this time

EDIT: Irrelevant I guess but was it service pack 2 or 3? I just can't get myself to trust any software after everything dear to me has betrayed me.
Last edited by Kratos6633; 16th March 2014 at 12:39 AM.
16th March 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Solved
It works!!!

Had nothing to do with XP, but with LG updating their flashing tool. Now it only works with this little trick:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2625044

My phone works perfectly now Thx again for helping.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes