[Q] Rooting NEC Terrain

OP Wombat Pete

16th March 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello! I've read the one thread I can find on this, but doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there lately.
I wonder whether anyone's still working on this and whether there's been any progress!
Anyone know?
Thanks much
WP
16th March 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 44

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat Pete

Hello! I've read the one thread I can find on this, but doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there lately.
I wonder whether anyone's still working on this and whether there's been any progress!
Anyone know?
Thanks much
WP

Root it with Framaroot App...

Press thanks if it worked
16th March 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Worth trying, but - alas
Quote:
Originally Posted by N'ayam Amarsh'e

Root it with Framaroot App...

Press thanks if it worked

Thanks for the idea; unfortunately, neither exploit worked. Any other ideas?
17th March 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Delhi

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have a universal Guide To root phones I am now goin' to post it... You can read it and root your phone

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote:

Read My Universal GUIDE To root Any Android Device : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684210

Don't Forget To press Thanks Whenever I help You...
18th March 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Problem with Explorer
N'ayam Amarsh'e, I'm trying your system. So far, so good - up until the Droid Explorer step.
But Droid Explorer installs, with the SDK tools, ... and then crashes upon running it (can't find the SDK stuff).
I looked at the Droid Explorer site under issues - EVERYONE is now having this problem.
I tried various locations for SDK, ...uninstalling and reinstalling DE, and and even earlier releases of Droid Explorer (from before the problem seemed to have cropped up) - nothing works.
Is there any alternative that will work? Or do you happen to know how to fix this problem (no one on their forums seems to know!)?
Thanks again
PS - I got release 8.7.2.x64 to install AND start, but now it doesn't find the android device. Made sure USB debugging is still connected, and that it's "connected as a media device".
PPS - Droid Explorer's site says everywhere that it's supposed to work for already-rooted devices...

Quote:

I have a universal Guide To root phones I am now goin' to post it... You can read it and root your phone

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Read My Universal GUIDE To root Any Android Device : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684210

Don't Forget To press Thanks Whenever I help You...

Last edited by Wombat Pete; 18th March 2014 at 05:59 AM.
18th March 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #6  
Flag Delhi

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

N'ayam Amarsh'e, I'm trying your system. So far, so good - up until the Droid Explorer step.
But Droid Explorer installs, with the SDK tools, ... and then crashes upon running it (can't find the SDK stuff).
I looked at the Droid Explorer site under issues - EVERYONE is now having this problem.
I tried various locations for SDK, ...uninstalling and reinstalling DE, and and even earlier releases of Droid Explorer (from before the problem seemed to have cropped up) - nothing works.
Is there any alternative that will work? Or do you happen to know how to fix this problem (no one on their forums seems to know!)?
Thanks again
PS - I got release 8.7.2.x64 to install AND start, but now it doesn't find the android device. Made sure USB debugging is still connected, and that it's "connected as a media device".
PPS - Droid Explorer's site says everywhere that it's supposed to work for already-rooted devices...

Hi this shouldn't be a problem but I think linux would be the best.... in linux you can use nautilus for exploring files of your device with root privileges... try it... i m going to edit the guide now...
18th March 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Linux
Quote:

Hi this shouldn't be a problem but I think linux would be the best.... in linux you can use nautilus for exploring files of your device with root privileges... try it... i m going to edit the guide now...

So I have to find someone with a linux box? I don't have one at the moment... hmmm...
18th March 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #8  
Flag Delhi

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So I have to find someone with a linux box? I don't have one at the moment... hmmm...

See my guide again it's updated... it also have links
13th May 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #9  

5 posts
Nautilus does not detect NEC Terrain in Recovery mode
Quote:

See my guide again it's updated... it also have links

Tried Ubuntu 11.04 as well as a couple of other versions. None of them detect anything with the NEC Terrain in recovery mode.

Other hints are welcome, I too would like to have this phone rooted.
17th May 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #10  
Flag Delhi

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekiller_9

Tried Ubuntu 11.04 as well as a couple of other versions. None of them detect anything with the NEC Terrain in recovery mode.

Other hints are welcome, I too would like to have this phone rooted.

You surely don't have drivers.... Download them again and give it a try...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread