Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovery mode fails, all other functions are fine.

Tip us?

rooiboi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Recovery mode fails, all other functions are fine.

Hello! I am hoping the brains on this forum might be able to help me out here....

I ran the CF AutoRoot and was able to successfully boot the phone. I then flashed the TWRP recovery via Odin and rebooted with the plan of entering recovery mode. Unfortunately the phone merely displayed the tiny text message stating it was recovery booting in the upper left corner, then rebooted. I was afraid I had a boot loop but the phone happily loaded Android and had no issues. Since then I have tried the tried the Philz, CM, and TWRP installs via Odin but the issue remains. I tried re-running the CF AutoRoot too. I have tried 2 versions of Odin(1.8(?) and 3.09). Kies does not recognize the phone and will not update it.

I have a spare Note 3 that I have been testing out these files on. Each of the installs that seems not to work on my primary phone works perfectly on the spare. Both phones are Sprint SM-N900P models.

So, just to restate, the phone works perfectly except I cannot get recovery mode to load.

So...any suggestions on what I can try next? I will not be able to log back in to check messages for a few days (moving) but would like to thank you all in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer.

helterkelter
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Well I doubt I can assist you since I'm having the same issue! I've tried methods advised by another member and still will not boot into recovery. It does the boot loop every time I flash anything after rooting. I couldn't even get recovery after flashing the Wootever kernel. So my thinking is I may have to unroot and flash the stock firmware and then root again and start over. My other guess is it may have something to do with not wiping dalvik and cache? All I know is before I updated to KK, I wasn't having any boot loops on JB with
CM11. I'm also wondering if wiping out the system would possibly help. Ugh frustrated beyond belief and wish I never updated to KK
sent from my beast Galaxy Note 3 N900T

Hundsbuah
Old
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
You need the correct recovery for 4.4 or 4.3.it seems you have the wrong recovery

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
My Note3 Kernel based on CivZ & Co great work: https://github.com/Hundsbuah/KK_Xplorer-9005

My TF700T OC Kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2143093

Ich bin immer gegen die Gewalt aufgetreten, aber meine Theorien haben leider der Menschheit das furchtbarste Gewaltpotential in die Hände gelegt, und dies ist eine schwere Belastung für mich. Albert Einstein

Ammoguy36
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Assistance is needed.

I do not have bootloop, but when I try to enter recovery mode the phone it says: Secure Fail Recovery. Then below the yellow triangle it says, System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has not been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest store for help. I was installing CWM for the Note 3. Anyone know how to fix this and install a custom recovery? I cannot enter recovery at all. Everything else works. But I really need to fix this somehow as getting into recovery is critical. Any takers on this?

donc113
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammoguy36 View Post
I do not have bootloop, but when I try to enter recovery mode the phone it says: Secure Fail Recovery. Then below the yellow triangle it says, System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has not been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest store for help. I was installing CWM for the Note 3. Anyone know how to fix this and install a custom recovery? I cannot enter recovery at all. Everything else works. But I really need to fix this somehow as getting into recovery is critical. Any takers on this?
You have Sprint phones but you're getting Verizon warnings? Sounds like you installed software/recovery designed for the Verizon SM-N900V rather than the Sprint SM-N900N

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Ammoguy36
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by donc113 View Post
You have Sprint phones but you're getting Verizon warnings? Sounds like you installed software/recovery designed for the Verizon SM-N900V rather than the Sprint SM-N900N

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
It's a N900V I've been with Verizon 9 years. Im not worried about it now. Getting a replacement phone and root it, but keep a stock rom on it. learned a lesson trying to put a custom recovery on it.