Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 40,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Notification...

Tip us?

bog3nator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375
Default Notification...

Can I disable the notification and have the pebble stay connected or will android kill it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
please just hit "thanks" if i helped..that's all i asked

PsychDrummer
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
Can I disable the notification and have the pebble stay connected or will android kill it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
You can just go to settings within your pebble and turn off all the notifications. It should still stay connected.

bog3nator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer View Post
You can just go to settings within your pebble and turn off all the notifications. It should still stay connected.
Sorry I meant the notifications that android gives. The one that says pebble is connected

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
please just hit "thanks" if i helped..that's all i asked

PsychDrummer
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
Sorry I meant the notifications that android gives. The one that says pebble is connected

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Oh ok. After 2.0 mine actually rarely shows the notification. But there should be an option within the pebble app that lets you uncheck the persistent notification. I don't think android will kill it. It might disconnect occasionally but I doubt it.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsychDrummer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarSoftware
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
If you use Android 4.3+ (or maybe 4.2), then you can open Settings -> Applications -> Pebble app and disable notifications for it. It should not affect anything else.
Also in latest versions of Pebble app notification icon is only visible in notifications panel, but not visible in statusbar - IMHO this is enough for most cases.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarSoftware For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]