Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Cannot Update HTC One to 4.2.2

OP wheydc

6th June 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hello,

So I am new to android and this whole rooting business.

My brother bought his HTC one from HK so it uses the HK variant files, and he recently gave me his phone. I wanted to update to 4.2.2 but it keeps failing.
My friend told me to unroot the phone, recover into stock and then update it but I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

The software number of this phone is 1.29.708.4, so I was wondering if someone could provide me steps on how to resolve this issues - and possibly where I can find this file.
Last edited by wheydc; 6th June 2014 at 07:53 PM.
6th June 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
3,303 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheydc

Hello,
So I am new to android and this whole rooting business.

So welcome!

Quote:

My brother bought his HTC one from HK so it uses the HK variant files, and he recently gave me his phone. I wanted to update to 4.2.2 but it keeps failing.

Define ''keep failing'' ? What does it do exactly?

Quote:

The software number of this phone is 1.29.708.4, so I was wondering if someone could provide me steps on how to resolve this issues - and possibly where I can find this file.

Assuming you know how to use adb and fastboot (if not the case, there is many guides on that here), post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' except the IMEI and SERIALNO. Please also post a screenshot/pic of the bootloader screen.
6th June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.13(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.708.4
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__622

(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT


I'm not sure how to take a pic of it but on the bootloader it says:

M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.14.3250.13
OpenDSP-v26.120.274.0202
eMMC-boot
Mar 13 2013, 20:32:59:-1


Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

So welcome!


Define ''keep failing'' ? What does it do exactly?



Assuming you know how to use adb and fastboot (if not the case, there is many guides on that here), post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' except the IMEI and SERIALNO. Please also post a screenshot/pic of the bootloader screen.

Last edited by wheydc; 6th June 2014 at 08:30 PM.
6th June 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
3,303 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheydc

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.13(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.708.4
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__622

(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT


I'm not sure how to take a pic of it but on the bootloader it says:

M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.14.3250.13
OpenDSP-v26.120.274.0202
eMMC-boot
Mar 13 2013, 20:32:59:-1

Quote:

My brother bought his HTC one from HK so it uses the HK variant files, and he recently gave me his phone. I wanted to update to 4.2.2 but it keeps failing.

Define ''keep failing'' ? What does it do exactly?

is the bootloader locked, unlocked or re-locked?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes