Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi connect/disconnect - SOLVED

Tip us?

d3cpo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi connect/disconnect - SOLVED

Hey everyone,

I just picked up a Xperia Z1 and noticed that when it was connected to my Wifi it would disconnect and connect at random. My cell provider and sony technicial support didnt offer any useful assitance. They informed me to do a factory restore on my device and it didnt help. Finally I decided to change my wifi encryption on my router from WPA/WPA2 to WEP and tada.. It works. I no longer have any issue with my phone. But I would prefer if Sony would fix this so that I can use the more secure protocol

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3cpo View Post
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a Xperia Z1 and noticed that when it was connected to my Wifi it would disconnect and connect at random. My cell provider and sony technicial support didnt offer any useful assitance. They informed me to do a factory restore on my device and it didnt help. Finally I decided to change my wifi encryption on my router from WPA/WPA2 to WEP and tada.. It works. I no longer have any issue with my phone. But I would prefer if Sony would fix this so that I can use the more secure protocol
Glad you solved the problem but I don't think is an issue of every Z1. I use WAP2 with 128bit Password and no problem. But still other problems anyway so I think is all based on luck.

emzni
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Have this problem now too please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3cpo View Post
Hey everyone,

Have the EXACT same issue - very frustrated as I have moved from iphone now to this that has an issue with one of the most simple tasks of a mobile these days!

Can someone more technically minded please explain - I know this is an issue this phone has with WEP settings, and yes I could change router settings etc to connect the phone, however - what if I am at an airport, coffee shop, etc? Obviously I cannot go change their settings!
I am going to New Zealand on Thursday and it is imperative I can connect to wifis easily.

Can anyone please let me know asap please
* is this an Xperia/Sony issue? My iPhone never struggled with any settings of routers, ever, nor have any Samsungs I owned.
* Do I face the issue that if a router has WEP settings in public then I may forget connection to it??
* I might have the chance to get a Samsung S4 before I go.....should I just go for it and cut my losses with the camera?

Thank you so much in advance!
Emma

AlphaRoX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I never know that was the problem, I wil try, thanks!

xXFlippyXx
Old
(Last edited by xXFlippyXx; 19th March 2014 at 07:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
For a professional network penetrator it takes 5-10 minutes to crack your wifi with wep.

You really shouldn't go with wep. There was a fix for that problem, try to search a bit on this forum. However it involves root. It's your call. Aside from that: I don't have any problems with WPA.

Btw: few years ago those iPhones I supported were unable to log into WPA protected network. IPhones iPad, and iPod all alike. Gave me a huge headache.

Edit:

Airports or places like that should not be a problem. Most of those networks are unprotected. Access to those networks is most likely controlled by a nac device or application

Edit 2:

There it is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2576770&page=2

Sent from Xperia Z1