Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ML1 Modem

Tip us?

thunderisraw
Old
(Last edited by thunderisraw; 27th April 2014 at 06:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default ML1 Modem

Hello,

I am trying to update my modem to ML1. My current version is is MF1. I saw the thread over in the android developer forums. However, the site http://invisiblek.org is down. I see that it has been down for a couple days i believe from just reading around. I downloaded the zip file that someone else linked to when someone else said about the site being down. However, I can't find the md5 check sum. I would like to make sure it is the right file before i install it. Can anyone provide me with the md5 check sum, or am I just being dumb and you don't have to do the check sum? Sorry if the second thing is true and I posted this.

I do realize that you must install just the modem and not the whole package. This is the link that was provided in the other post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...88313&page=118

I am not allowed to post outside links in my post at this point. So i have to post that and say it is post #1172 by LazerDino.

I just want to make sure.

Also, I looked everywhere for a guide on how to install the modem. I think i know how to install it now, but I want to ask to make sure. Also, maybe this will help someone else that has the same questions as me.

First: Download the zip file (Modem Only)
Second: Put on internal sdcard
Third: Boot into recovery mode
Fourth: Install zip from sd card
Fifth: reboot phone

I have clockwordmod installed and I just updated it to the latest version. I know if you don't have the latest version it won't work.

Last thing I will say is I have CM11 installed on my phone. I think I have stated every thing on this post now.

Please let me know anything that will help me. Also, let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks for any and all help.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderisraw View Post
Hello,

I am trying to update my modem to ML1. My current version is is MF1. I saw the thread over in the android developer forums. However, the site http://invisiblek.org is down. I see that it has been down for a couple days i believe from just reading around. I downloaded the zip file that someone else linked to when someone else said about the site being down. However, I can't find the md5 check sum. I would like to make sure it is the right file before i install it. Can anyone provide me with the md5 check sum, or am I just being dumb and you don't have to do the check sum? Sorry if the second thing is true and I posted this.

I do realize that you must install just the modem and not the whole package. This is the link that was provided in the other post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...88313&page=118

I am not allowed to post outside links in my post at this point. So i have to post that and say it is post #1172 by LazerDino.

I just want to make sure.

Also, I looked everywhere for a guide on how to install the modem. I think i know how to install it now, but I want to ask to make sure. Also, maybe this will help someone else that has the same questions as me.

First: Download the zip file (Modem Only)
Second: Put on internal sdcard
Third: Boot into recovery mode
Fourth: Install zip from sd card
Fifth: reboot phone

I have clockwordmod installed and I just updated it to the latest version. I know if you don't have the latest version it won't work.

Last thing I will say is I have CM11 installed on my phone. I think I have stated every thing on this post now.

Please let me know anything that will help me. Also, let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks for any and all help.
1) The phone would not flash the modem if it does not pass the signature checks that Invisiblek put into the zip itself. You'll see what I mean when you flash the modem. I don't have an md5 but I do have the VRUCML1 modem zip and mine is about 19.41 MB. The zip that you have should be roughly the same size. Invisiblek does not have md5's posted for any of his modem/firmware zips, so there's that as well.

2) Yes, that is the correct thread.

3) Yup, those are the correct steps to flash any modem or firmware zip. You do not need to wipe anything because the modem, firmware (tz, rmp, modem, & sbl) are located on a separate partition than what is accessible via wiping in recovery.

You should be fine to flash if you have not already. You want to go from VRBMF1 firmware to VRUCML1 modem. To be blunt, the VRUCML1 modem contains only the modem so you will still have all VRBMF1 firmware and VRUCML1 modem when all is said and done, which is right. And if you need to downgrade, you'd go from VRUCML1 modem to VRBMF1 firmware.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhoutz
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398819296593.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	2716685

That should be it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jhoutz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thunderisraw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I did everything. It worked perfectly fine and I have updated it. I used all the stuff I said in my first post. Thanks everyone that posted help here. Sorry I didn't respond a long time ago. Hope maybe this will help any others.

brokes3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default confused.

ok. ive been searching all night on how to root my droid, vzw, s3 i535 with NC1. downloaded odin. dont have a clue how to use it, but think i have an idea. but saw this post and it seemed like it is the answer to the problem i am having. im trying to go back to ML1 so i can use saferoot, and am have downloaded the zip file on my phone, and have no idea how to move it to my internal sd card or do any of the next steps. can someone give me a little insight as im not too tech savvy.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokes3 View Post
ok. ive been searching all night on how to root my droid, vzw, s3 i535 with NC1. downloaded odin. dont have a clue how to use it, but think i have an idea. but saw this post and it seemed like it is the answer to the problem i am having. im trying to go back to ML1 so i can use saferoot, and am have downloaded the zip file on my phone, and have no idea how to move it to my internal sd card or do any of the next steps. can someone give me a little insight as im not too tech savvy.
What you are seeking to do, is entirely different than the problem that is being discussed in this thread. This thread is about a 20 MB file, simple as that. This is not related to what you want to do so if you downloaded a 20 mb modem file, delete it. You do not need it because it is useless to you.

The zip that you need, is be about 800 MB to 1.2 GB in size. Follow the steps in red "4.3 with Odin" to move back down to VRUCML1. This 1+ GB tar file (when unzipped) will format your phone's internal storage and reset it to stock VRUCML1. Odin is a Windows-only program.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cguymartin
Old
(Last edited by cguymartin; 23rd May 2014 at 06:52 AM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 1
Default trying to assist

to the OP who needs help...ill do the best i can. what you are trying to do is going to require that you search the xda threads for safestrap. it will allow you to install ONLY TW based 4.3 ROMS. verizons latest update locked the bootloader for those of us who did not know any better. yes, they raped us but good! hope you have success, as I did!