Talking Fast/Easy unbrick - Droid 3 (XT862)

OP ChaoticWeaponry

9th November 2011, 09:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 228

525 posts
More
Okay guys, I've learned from my mistakes of mixing bootstrap files, but I'm here to help you unbrick your Droid 3 (XT862) The following is a list to unbrick, the process should take about 5 minutes (not including the download or boot time)
1.[Originally from RootzWiki] Updated Link! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61707107/Ver...ne_psouza4.zip
2. Download the ~450mb file.
3. If you have a spare battery, or the current battery, make sure it's charged above 50% (quick unbrick wont run if it's below 50%) You can use a spare USB cable and strip the red and black wires, then place the red on the + contact of the battery, black on the - contact. Dont charge it via this method for longer than a couple hours, and unplug if the battery starts to get hot. (Lithium-Ion explodes when overheated too much)
4. When the download is complete, extract the RAR file (WinZip), and when the phone is off, press m+power and scroll down to AP Fastboot.
5. Plug the phone into a USB 2.0 or older USB jack on your computer (some users finding USB 3.0 problems), make sure you get the USB connected message on the phone.
6. Run the "Click Here - Flash Verizon" file, make sure you get "OKAY" for each message that pops up on the CMD prompt.
7. Let your phone restore and boot.
If you have any questions, feel free to message me or reply to this post.
***Sorry for the re-post, but I don't want rants on iphones and ps3 controllers on a potential sticky thread
Last edited by ChaoticWeaponry; 6th May 2012 at 04:01 AM.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to ChaoticWeaponry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2011, 10:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 214

1,819 posts
+1 for sticky. Used this on my 1st brick and it's very easy and very fast!
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleYouPee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th November 2011, 04:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 302

875 posts
More
Thanx for the instructions, have yet to use SBF luckily Hashcodes Safestrap saved my bacon a few times now tho.

-smc
Last edited by somemadcaaant; 12th November 2011 at 05:47 AM.
12th November 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
i need help. mine is taking soooo long on send recovery. ive tried so many things and i still cant unbrick my d3
12th November 2011, 11:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

525 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geovanyglaude1

i need help. mine is taking soooo long on send recovery. ive tried so many things and i still cant unbrick my d3

Have you done everything in the directions? Make sure you're in AP fastboot, connected to usb, and have a 50% or higher battery charge. Are you getting error codes?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
13th November 2011, 12:17 AM   |  #6  

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticWeaponry

Have you done everything in the directions? Make sure you're in AP fastboot, connected to usb, and have a 50% or higher battery charge. Are you getting error codes?

i followed the directions strictly and i was getting no error codes and battery was way above 50% but not anymore because i been waiting and nothing happend. do i need the motorola micro usb because i have a regular micro usb . and when i unplug it, it says transfer error (too many files) . not the exact words but its something like that. and plus im on windows xp 32-bit
Last edited by geovanyglaude1; 13th November 2011 at 12:26 AM.
13th November 2011, 02:59 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

525 posts
More
Quote:

i followed the directions strictly and i was getting no error codes and battery was way above 50% but not anymore because i been waiting and nothing happend. do i need the motorola micro usb because i have a regular micro usb . and when i unplug it, it says transfer error (too many files) . not the exact words but its something like that. and plus im on windows xp 32-bit

I used to use a standard micro usb, and now I have to use the motorola supplied one. You can charge your battery via the stripped USB cable method, just be careful, and this may sound redundant, but make sure youre using a Droid 3 (XT862) Also see if you can boot into recovery somehow, (m+power method, or x+power method) and remove all of the files that you can (possibility that you're exceeding the system partitions). Keep me updated, I'll try to help as much as I can.
Last edited by ChaoticWeaponry; 13th November 2011 at 03:02 AM.
13th November 2011, 03:53 AM   |  #8  

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticWeaponry

I used to use a standard micro usb, and now I have to use the motorola supplied one. You can charge your battery via the stripped USB cable method, just be careful, and this may sound redundant, but make sure youre using a Droid 3 (XT862) Also see if you can boot into recovery somehow, (m+power method, or x+power method) and remove all of the files that you can (possibility that you're exceeding the system partitions). Keep me updated, I'll try to help as much as I can.

ok yes the phone is xt862, and i think the problem could be the usb. do you know where i can get the motorola supplied one because i dont have the stock one. and i can get into recovery, i wiped data and cache paritions. thats about all i can do. and as for the battery i have a friend with a universal battery charger so thats not a problem.
13th November 2011, 05:48 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

525 posts
More
Quote:

ok yes the phone is xt862, and i think the problem could be the usb. do you know where i can get the motorola supplied one because i dont have the stock one. and i can get into recovery, i wiped data and cache paritions. thats about all i can do. and as for the battery i have a friend with a universal battery charger so thats not a problem.

Motorolas website, ebay, amazon. Try those, and try plugging your usb into the back of your pc (where the motherboard has its outputs) because those support data transfer a lot better than the front ones.. maybe look around for a Motorola ADB driver or some sort, because I distinctly remember on my windows 7 computer, a message popped up saying Motorola ADB driver installed or something like that, right after I plugged the usb cord in after I started AP fastboot.

13th November 2011, 06:17 AM   |  #10  

19 posts
nice work~

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread