Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G doesn't charge or power up

Tip us?

rodrigojfuentes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Exclamation Moto G doesn't charge or power up

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed so many times, but I couldn't find symptoms like the ones my Moto G has.

Two weeks ago, my Moto G reached out to 0% and shuted down. After that I've tried the following possible fixes:
  • Leave the phone out a day off the charger and then charging it for 3-4 hours or even all night long.
  • Pressing the power button for several minutes while connected to the wall charger.
  • Connecting it to several chargers (750, 1500 and 2000 mah).
  • Taking out the battery cover, disconnecting the battery flex and then reconnecting it.

A few things I noticed were that my phone came with a 450 mah charger in the box, and when I connect the phone, the LED light lits continuosly and it never goes off.

When I tried with 1500 and 2000 mah chargers, the LED lits too, and while pressing the power button, the LED light flashes one time after 2-3 minutes, and then flashes again after 5-6 minutes. But these flashes are very glimmer. And no matter what I do, the screen never lights up, and the LED light never goes off.

Please, I desperately need your help. I bought this phone two months ago and I've unlocked the bootloader, so I don't think warranty will cover the phone.

Thank you very much.

ManBearrrPig
Old
Thanks Meter 32
if you press power + vol down does the phone goes to recovery? i figured out that even if the phone does not boot you can go to recovery (or is it bootloader?) and than go to barcodes and press vol up. some codes will show up. after a min or so it will turn off. repeat this until the phone wont even boot to recovery. now plug it in the charger and hold power button for 2-3min and than leave it charging for an hour and than try to power it up. if it will not work try to unplug it and plug it in again after a minute and than hold the power button again for 2-3min and leave it charging for an hour again. i got my moto g booted after few tryes.

it seems that moto g wont charge until the battery is completely drained.

rodrigojfuentes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
I'm sorry but the phone won't boot into bootloader mode neither. Are there any other recommendations? Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: I'll see if I can record a video of the phone's behavior. Maybe it could help.