Storage [Q] Status 7 trying to install new ROM CM11 (KitKat)

OP Kwaka_man

16th March 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello all,

Please can someone help me??

I have a HTC One X, I have unlocked my phone on HTCDev, it is showing as rooted (not broken lol) and i can add superuser on there.

I have CWM installed v.5.8.4.0 however, when looking in the ROM Manager, trying to update it is shows me 6.0.4.7 under recovery setup. but when i boot into recovery it still shows me 5.8.4.0??

I have been trying to install the Beanstalk-4.4.240-20140206-endeavouru.zip...

I keep getting stuck in the installation with the message status 7 and then installation stops..

I have cleared all the files and cache that is required prior and still fails. I have tried removing the assert / getpro lines and I still get status 7 during installation.

I have tried a few different ROMs all telling me they are for HTC One X (so i am guessing these just are the right ROMs)

The only think i can see i have is that i have S-On, but i cannot seem to find anywhere to turn this off.. Is this the only reason it is not working????

I have tried another recovery images as well and still no luck?? (unless i did that wrong)

Please can someone help me, I would really like to put a Kitkat ROM on my phone as HTC are not going to get this done..
16th March 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,677

14,118 posts
Donate to Me
Ditch rommanager, it does not work on a s-on hox. Second you need to flash a kitkat recovery to install kitkat roms and a sense recovery to install sense 5 roms or earlier build aosp roms.

So for kitkat download the latest philz touch recovery available, and if you want sense based roms i suggest to use philz touch 5.15......

You have to flash boot.img & recoverys via fastboot (pc) to the phone !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Ditch rommanager, it does not work on a s-on hox. Second you need to flash a kitkat recovery to install kitkat roms and a sense recovery to install sense 5 roms or earlier build aosp roms.

So for kitkat download the latest philz touch recovery available, and if you want sense based roms i suggest to use philz touch 5.15......

You have to flash boot.img & recoverys via fastboot (pc) to the phone !

Thank you , do you by any chance know where i can get these files? sorry for asking, been at this all day and not getting anywhere
16th March 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #4  

14,118 posts
Donate to Me
I think this thread explains it pretty well

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1605720
16th March 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

I think this thread explains it pretty well

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1605720

Thank you i have checked this out.. but i can only find the Philz touch 6.19.3 clockworkmod 6.0.4 so i have updated

Just a slight issue now where i am cleaning all what has to be cleared and then installing the ROM and GAPP which both are now installing by the look of it and no errors.. but i am looping back into Philz touch rather than the phone restarting.. Even if i restore the previous version it still comes back to Philz touch..

do you know why this is happening? I tried CM11 Rom and also the Beanstalk 4.4 ROM (As well as restore) all coming back to recovery mode.. Im lost now
16th March 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #6  

14,118 posts
Donate to Me
Try this recovery and flash a sense 5 rom to check if that works. It should not boot back.to the recovery.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8il...y%205.15.9.img

And can you post the outcome of :

Fastboot getvar all

And delete the imei and serial number before posting it !!
16th March 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
ok the 5.15 installed fine, but the images here are giving me status 7 and restore is not working for me from here either

i have attached the getvar all outcome
Attached Files
File Type: txt getvar.txt - [Click for QR Code] (770 Bytes, 1 views)
16th March 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #8  

14,118 posts
Donate to Me
The specs are fine, download a sense 5 rom like viper X or arhd. And install it like this :

Flash the boot.img of the rom !

Then enter the recovery and make a FULL wipe :

Factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Advanced - wipe dalvik cache
Mounts and storage - format cache , data and system

Then install the rom (if you go for viper you select cache wipe only and full rom install in the aroma)
16th March 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
ok I realised i didn't do the boot.img correctly.. i tried it again now but went back to Touch 6 and the Beanstalk has installed YAY!!

You said "download a sense 5 rom like viper X or arhd" are these better than Beanstalk? I am asking as this is my first 4.4 ROM i have installed...?

I do have to say i do like the sense 5 so wondering if it is worth changing ROM to what you are suggesting?

Otherwise it is now working... Thank you heaps for all your help
16th March 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #10  

14,118 posts
Donate to Me
Ah no there is no "better" rom. I suggested these because i have experience with these roms. Just for testing purposes.

But all is fine. And you know how to flash so all good.

CASE CLOSED !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread