Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One not saving some WiFi profiles

Tip us?

Menotti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default HTC One not saving some WiFi profiles

Recently, some of my saved WiFi profiles no longer seem to save. Certain networks are remembered and connected to when in range, and some require me to re-enter credentials and everything every single time. It's as if I've never been on the network.

The phone is bone-stock and I believe the issue started after the latest OTA update. If it matters, the main network I'm having trouble with is 802.1x / ttls / pap.

Wondering if something about the update or Verizon apps I've disabled in the settings is borking some permissions with a wifi conf.

Any ideas?

Menotti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
no success fixing yet bump

Menotti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Yeah, it's not related to the network. This network is @ a corporate office and every other of the 3000 devices on the network is doing fine

aceof89
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menotti View Post
Yeah, it's not related to the network. This network is @ a corporate office and every other of the 3000 devices on the network is doing fine
Just moved from Viper 5.7 to bonestock 3.02 and can't get it to remember home wif password after a reboot as well. Has anything changed for others affected? It happens with some ROMs for me. FWIW, wife's unrooted One has same issue. Luckily for us we have a dual radio router and thus can use the 5 GHz side.