Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] ExistenZ Ultra 3.1.5

OP churchnilled

9th April 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Did a search but could not find this issue and cannot post on dev thread for ROM so i posting here if wrong place i sorry.

OK the issue, after updating to 3.0 of ultra i cant update any apps as it keeps spitting out "Insufficient Storage Available" which is a crock of ..........as i have 1.57GB out of a total of 5.37GB available on internal plus external sd card with 12GB available but not relevant as apps on internal with 1.57GB available. Have updated to 3.1.5 but still the same and also unable to install any apps, yet i have less apps on it now than prior the 3.0 as i was generally running under a GB space before. Memory running at about 300MB out of 840MB

Any help or pointers or criticism for not searching far and wide enough to find a answer gracefully accepted

Churchnilled
9th April 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer / Themer
Flag Enghien
Thanks Meter: 33,626

6,703 posts
Donate to Me
More
Clear playstore datas in settings/apps/all

Also reboot a few times, wipe dalvik cache and cache.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niaboc79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
No Joy
Thank you kind Sir for your superb roms and your help.

I did as you said but am still having the same problem.
Anything else i can try?
10th April 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Slubice
Thanks Meter: 58

311 posts
More
Have you made full wipe before installing eXistenZ??

Have you made backups via CWM Recovery before??

For example I have made a backup with CWM recovery which wasn't seen by other recoveries or system himself.
I had to install CWM recovery once again and only this one seen two backups which take me about more than 2GB internal storage.

After fresh install (with full wipes, also internal storage) fresh eXistenZ + 22 apps which I have installed after I have 4.05GB free space on internal storage and no problems with install anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to smogf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Narrowing it down a bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by smogf

Have you made full wipe before installing eXistenZ??

Have you made backups via CWM Recovery before??

Hi thank you for the reply,

I have not used CWM to create backup's i have only ever used Titanium but the issue is slightly different as the amount of free space is correct.

I think i have narrowed it down somewhat as i am able to install apps from Play store that have never been on the phone before the issue appears to be apps that are already on the phone can not be updated, i have uninstalled ones needing updating except for Chrome and NDR Utils as it wont allow me to uninstall them so i have frozen them for time being, i then rebooted and tried to reinstall them but even with them uninstalled it is still spitting out the "insufficient Storage" error

so my thinking is something is being left from uninstalling that is causing the issue as like i said above i can install anything else from Play store that has not been on phone before, for example i installed links2sd after it spat out the insufficient storage error for a previously installed app i tried installing again i have plenty of internal storage available for apps and it letting me install stuff that not been on phone before but wont let me update or reinstall stuff on or has been on phone before.

After doing some searching i found others having similar issues with different phones and roms etc but thus far all the solutions to those have not worked for me.

I know i could just easily wipe and start a fresh but to me thats defeating the object and takes so long even with all the backups etc, it just a real PITA to start afresh so i sooner search,read,beg,ask etc etc and exhaust every other avenue before admitting defeat and wiping.
Last edited by churchnilled; 10th April 2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: split sentences from touching mousepad while typing so nothing made sense :)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread