Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 41,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking to full wipe (and format system)

Tip us?
 
rhcreed
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 127
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Staatsburg
Default Looking to full wipe (and format system)

Looking to full wipe (and format system), with my s3 I just left the ROM and gapps on the microsd so they survived.. Any guides around that can tell me how to get those files back on from within recovery so I can flash them? Thx..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 
wtherrell
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 200
Posts: 796
Join Date: Dec 2008
Recovery should be able to flash from the sd card. My Galaxy Tab & s4 work that way.
 
rhcreed
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 127
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Staatsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
Recovery should be able to flash from the sd card. My Galaxy Tab & s4 work that way.
nexus 7 has no microsd card slot
 
Pirateghost
Old
#4  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,230
Posts: 10,575
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Boot into recovery. Factory reset. Install ROM and gapps. Done.

Sent from my Nexus 5
 
wtherrell
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 200
Posts: 796
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcreed View Post
nexus 7 has no microsd card slot
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Thought you were talking about the S3.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcreed View Post
Looking to full wipe (and format system), with my s3 I just left the ROM and gapps on the microsd so they survived.. Any guides around that can tell me how to get those files back on from within recovery so I can flash them? Thx..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
ADB or WUG's Nexus ToolKit.
 
rhcreed
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 127
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Staatsburg
Default ugh...

did the full wipe, used toolkit to push files (rom and gapps), flashed rom and gapps, boots up great!

Sign in, all good!

use TB to restore my apps and setting, BOOTLOOP!!

How can I diagnose and repair this bootloop? Nothing on screen to see of report!

thx!
 
PrizmaticSmoke
Old
#7  
PrizmaticSmoke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 121
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcreed View Post
did the full wipe, used toolkit to push files (rom and gapps), flashed rom and gapps, boots up great!

Sign in, all good!

use TB to restore my apps and setting, BOOTLOOP!!

How can I diagnose and repair this bootloop? Nothing on screen to see of report!

thx!

Did you restore system data in TB? If so, try just restoring missing apps + data instead.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes