No registration required

[Q] Alcatel One Touch Pop C5 soft brick

OP senna98

16th March 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Hi everyone,

I have an Alcatel One Touch Pop C5 (Alcatel 5036D). I made a backup in stock recovery before I installed the Xposed framework. After the installation i did a reboot but it stuck at the boot logo. Then i restored my backup but it didn't work, the screen just turned black, so after an hour i restarted my phone. Now I can't do anything, i can't even get in recovery (but it is a soft brick, i can still see the boot logo). I guess i will have to flash the ROM again but i'm a newbie (I installed some customs ROM's before but not on this phone), and no custom ROM's are available. Does anybody know what to do? I would really appreciate your help!
16th March 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag la seyne-sur-mer
Thanks Meter: 82

149 posts
More
Here alcatel mobile upgrade software.it will give your your pop c5 zero
Xposed is not working on c5 pop because it has a rom odex
Last edited by lohanbarth; 16th March 2014 at 10:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lohanbarth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #3  
Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 324

234 posts
More
I'll try to deodex the stock ROM ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danibosev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohanbarth

Here alcatel mobile upgrade software[/URL].it will give your your pop c5 zero
Xposed is not working on c5 pop because it has a rom odex

Thanks for your reply, but this didn't help! The program says installation was succesful but it still won't boot and I still can't get in recovery.
17th March 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #5  
Flag Subotica
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna98

Thanks for your reply, but this didn't help! The program says installation was succesful but it still won't boot and I still can't get in recovery.

You must wait a very long time after upgrade. This happened to me with xposed too. Just upgrade, follow instructionst and be patient.
17th March 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNarco

You must wait a very long time after upgrade. This happened to me with xposed too. Just upgrade, follow instructionst and be patient.

Are you talking about the same model? Iohanbarth said it won't work because of the odex, so that's a bit strange. How long exactly did it take? I restarted my phone when the boot logo was there for about 10 minutes.
Last edited by senna98; 17th March 2014 at 06:01 PM.
17th March 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #7  
Flag Subotica

16 posts
More
Quote:

Are you talking about the same model? Iohanbarth said it won't work because of the odex, so that's a bit strange. How long exactly did it take? I restarted my phone when the boot logo was there for about 10 minutes.

If we talking about Alcatel OT POP C5 then it is same model. I dont remember exactly how much i wait but it was around 30 mins and restarted few times. Then i go to stock recovery and wipe it and booted firs time normally. Im tolking about mobile upgrade tool not about exposed. I just mention that i soft bricked my phone with it too
Last edited by DeNarco; 17th March 2014 at 06:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeNarco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:

If we talking about Alcatel OT POP C5 then it is same model. I dont remember exactly how much i wait but it was around 30 mins and restarted few times. Then i go to stock recovery and wipe it and booted firs time normally. Im tolking about mobile upgrade tool not about exposed. I just mention that i soft bricked my phone with it too

So you also got the black screen? If that is true then i just have to reset it, but still can't get into recovery!
17th March 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #9  
Flag Subotica

16 posts
More
Quote:

So you also got the black screen? If that is true then i just have to reset it, but still can't get into recovery!

Yes, black screen after mobile upgrade and noting happens for about 30 or more minutes. Then i restarted two or free times and after that i tried and i able to go to recovery. Try put out the battery and then recovery with volume+ and power
17th March 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:

Yes, black screen after mobile upgrade and noting happens for about 30 or more minutes. Then i restarted two or free times and after that i tried and i able to go to recovery. Try put out the battery and then recovery with volume+ and power

Will try, but not much hope left... Is there anyway to hard reset the phone without booting, using recovery or adb? I guess not..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread