Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Question [Q] Removing root. Unable to upgrade

OP JFKruuse

18th March 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Lund
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
Hello folks. Unsure weather or not i post this in the correct place. So i rooted my SM-N9005 the other day just because well i"had" to. Ofcourse the next day the 4.4 update got released and i couldn't upgrade since my by now unfriendly phone told me i had tampered with it. I tried to restore it without really knowing what the hell i did and feeling a bit stupid for not getting it. I managed to remove root but it still says it's tampered with. Reckon i triggered the flash counter somehow. I could really use your help removing root and get my little phone back to "original" shape. Talk to me like a 3 year old since i apparently couldn't figure it out on my own. Cheers!

(And yes I have been reading so much about this my head spins now. I tried different ways to recover but i cant get it to work. I intentionally left out all the different apps i used here from the forum since that will probably confuse you guys aswell.)
18th March 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

195 posts
how did you root?

download the kitkat firmware from sammobile then flash it using odin (so you don't need to upgrade via ota) then re-root
The Following User Says Thank You to toinktoink For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Lund

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toinktoink

how did you root?

download the kitkat firmware from sammobile then flash it using odin (so you don't need to upgrade via ota) then re-root

Ok, it started when i tried to root it by following an online gtuide. However it didnt work so I tried another one and "semi-bricked" it. Using odin. I tried readiing up on it as much as i could but the more i read the more different ways i found. Long story short, i rooted it. It worked fine. But removing root didnt seem to do the trick. I would just like to return it to stock without ruining anything. And be able to upgrade OTA if possible.I love fiddling with these things but since i pay so much for this damn phone I rather not do anything more that can destroy warranty etc. As i understood it rooting it wouldnt leave a trace and should be easy to undo. Now I understand that wasnt the case. I know I am the one to blame but would love if anyone could just try to explain what to do in a simple step by step way. If you need any info on what i did I can try to explain but i ended up with like 12 different webpages open with different solutions and to be honest I am not sure I can explain everything i tried...
18th March 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Lund

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKruuse

Ok, it started when i tried to root it by following an online gtuide. However it didnt work so I tried another one and "semi-bricked" it. Using odin. I tried readiing up on it as much as i could but the more i read the more different ways i found. Long story short, i rooted it. It worked fine. But removing root didnt seem to do the trick. I would just like to return it to stock without ruining anything. And be able to upgrade OTA if possible.I love fiddling with these things but since i pay so much for this damn phone I rather not do anything more that can destroy warranty etc. As i understood it rooting it wouldnt leave a trace and should be easy to undo. Now I understand that wasnt the case. I know I am the one to blame but would love if anyone could just try to explain what to do in a simple step by step way. If you need any info on what i did I can try to explain but i ended up with like 12 different webpages open with different solutions and to be honest I am not sure I can explain everything i tried...

Solved
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread