FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Archos 80 Cobalt CyanogenMod - Cannot Install Driver

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mo_75, Junior Member on 3rd January 2014, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi

I'm new here so hope this is in the right section.

I've been following kage00's instructions for installing CyanogenMod on the Archos 80 Cobalt (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519781) and have so far managed to root and install CWM. So far so good.

When I boot into CWM and connect the USB cable, I cannot get Windows Vista (32 Bit) to install any of the drivers in either of the zip files on the thread. The tab shows up as a Nexus in Device Manager and I am manually selecting rockusb.inf in the x86->vista directory. I can select RK30 Device but Windows then says it has encountered an error, with the message "This device cannot start. (Code 10).

It would be great if someone could let me know if I am using the correct file and if not where I can find the correct driver to get past this stage and have the RKTool recognise the tablet.

Thanks

12th March 2014, 12:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
same for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_75

Hi

I'm new here so hope this is in the right section.

I've been following kage00's instructions for installing CyanogenMod on the Archos 80 Cobalt (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519781) and have so far managed to root and install CWM. So far so good.

When I boot into CWM and connect the USB cable, I cannot get Windows Vista (32 Bit) to install any of the drivers in either of the zip files on the thread. The tab shows up as a Nexus in Device Manager and I am manually selecting rockusb.inf in the x86->vista directory. I can select RK30 Device but Windows then says it has encountered an error, with the message "This device cannot start. (Code 10).

It would be great if someone could let me know if I am using the correct file and if not where I can find the correct driver to get past this stage and have the RKTool recognise the tablet.

Thanks

Well I am having issues trying to install the drivers for Archos 80 Cobalt. I tried different USB ports and USB cables. Tried with connecting the tablet while it was charging and nothing. I get an error and when I try to connect install drivers manually, Windows won't let me. I have tried using Windows 7 and 8.1 and I am getting nothing. It will not work.

Anyone have any clues to what else needs to be done?? I have bricked the tablet and it will not connect to my laptop. HELP!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)