Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with Galaxy Note 2, bricked?

Tip us?

JasonTik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem with Galaxy Note 2, bricked?

Hello ,
first of all i am a noob at this kind of things but i really wanted to try out the 4.3 android.
while i asked some people and told me to flash via odin as the previous firmwares, it stuck? i dont know what happened, and now my phone says
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"
The only thing that is working is the Volume Down+Home+Power button to get to the download mode, there it says :
KNOX WARRANTY VOID:1
AP SWREV: A2
i dont know what these are and i know i shouldn't have done something like this because i am a noob and now i am paying for my mistakes, i beg you help me my phone doesnt even start.

One more thing, i read to flash the stock firmware via odin but i tried it and it stuck at NAND write start, nothing happens after that.
I am so sorry for being totally useless but i need desperately your help,

thanks

amitshaltiel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default install new firmware

you shuold install only new firmware (rom) try to follow phonix rom instalation. there is an explanation to downgrade.

JasonTik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
can you please be more specific?
thanks for your answer

shhbz
Old
(Last edited by shhbz; 23rd November 2013 at 02:37 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTik View Post
Hello ,
first of all i am a noob at this kind of things but i really wanted to try out the 4.3 android.
while i asked some people and told me to flash via odin as the previous firmwares, it stuck? i dont know what happened, and now my phone says
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"
The only thing that is working is the Volume Down+Home+Power button to get to the download mode, there it says :
KNOX WARRANTY VOID:1
AP SWREV: A2
i dont know what these are and i know i shouldn't have done something like this because i am a noob and now i am paying for my mistakes, i beg you help me my phone doesnt even start.

One more thing, i read to flash the stock firmware via odin but i tried it and it stuck at NAND write start, nothing happens after that.
I am so sorry for being totally useless but i need desperately your help,

thanks
uninstall all samsung drivers,kies and other phone drivers if any,restart pc
install the samsung drivers only http://d-h.st/a7H
download odin 3.09 attached
download the rom mk4 knox free http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531989
or odex dmg here my favourite to come out of trouble http://d-h.st/s9I
open odin as admin and disable antivirus if any now browse to the rom.tar file
now put your phone in download mode and now connect usb to phone then to pc in diffrent port best to the back port of pc ,it will install some drivers let it happen and then odin will detect your phone
now click start in odin.

if any error post the screen here of odin

JasonTik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhbz View Post
uninstall all samsung drivers,kies and other phone drivers if any,restart pc
install the samsung drivers only http://d-h.st/a7H
download odin 3.09 attached
download the rom mk4 knox free http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531989
or odex dmg here my favourite to come out of trouble http://d-h.st/s9I
open odin as admin and disable antivirus if any now browse to the rom.tar file
now put your phone in download mode and now connect usb to phone then to pc in diffrent port best to the back port of pc ,it will install some drivers let it happen and then odin will detect your phone
now click start in odin.

if any error post the screen here of odin
thank you, it worked , sort of
i tried that but the odin failed, then i looked up and found something about Philz Recovery, i flashed it, wiped out cache/ factory reset and then i booted into download mode and did what you said and it worked now works perfectly, thanks

levanimas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i tried that but the odin failed, then i looked up and found something about Philz Recovery, i flashed it, wiped out cache/ factory reset and then i booted into download mode and did what you said and it worked now works perfectly, thanks
Please help me. I have the same situation, but could not do so as it is written
I've done Philz Recovery. I do AP_N7100XXUEMK4J9.tar.md5 installing Odin but phone will not turn on, it stays on the Samsung label

Fygaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by levanimas View Post
Please help me. I have the same situation, but could not do so as it is written
I've done Philz Recovery. I do AP_N7100XXUEMK4J9.tar.md5 installing Odin but phone will not turn on, it stays on the Samsung label
Try pressing volume up home button and power button in the same time to enter recovery mode , there factory reset and wipe cache and your phone should boot.

levanimas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fygaroo View Post
Try pressing volume up home button and power button in the same time to enter recovery mode , there factory reset and wipe cache and your phone should boot.
It's all been done. The phone does not turn on, it stays on the Samsung label

ysrini
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Good that it works!

"i dont know what these are and i know i shouldn't have done something "

These I don't know sentences are not gonna earn any respect to you here. And for god's sake do not repeat these mistakes. Follow the XDA's most important rule : Search and Read the existing posts before you do something.
Note II [N7105] : On DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM by E-Team

ashishdelhi21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need Help too.....Urgent

I am on stock 4.3 rom
Product Code: INU
PDA: N7100XXUEMK4
CSC: N7100ODDEMK1
MODEM: N7100DDEMJ9

I rooted my phone and stuck with knox .. I really want to get rid of knox and to downgrade to 4.1.2...
I saw somewhere that it is impossible to downgrade.... pls help me out
i really need help and if it is possible to downgrade tell me how

Is there anyone had the same problem and sorted that out....