Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cellphone ownership and you...

Tip us?

Jooosty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Default Cellphone ownership and you...

I have now owned the G2 for only 2 weeks and it has been out for nearly 7 months. I have never been more excited about a phone since owning a Note 2...

I have owned 5 devices (Note 2, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Moto G, Optimus G, Galaxy Nexus - in no particular order.) in the past year and none of them have ever gave me the wow factor that the G2 has given. I believe I will own the G2 until it be breaks...

With this year's release of new flagship devices, do you find yourself wanting to upgrade?

The point of this thread is to ask you guys, "do you always upgrade to the next best thing, or do you use your device til it breaks.?"

This is the first time I have felt that a device will suffice for the next few years...

Discuss...

Sent from the LG G2
HTC ULTIMEIGHT!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jooosty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thebehemoth73
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I really haven't been this amazed by a phone that's for sure...Just like you I have owed many phones this one has impressed me in every category.I believe I will keep or try to at least for 2 years.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

noob999
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I usually keep my smartphone for at least 2 years because that's the time you're usually bound to your carriers contract over here in germany, after that you can get discounts on new phones if you prolong your contract
I wouldn't exactly say i'm a smartphone nerd although i like to play with custom roms and stuff but i was really excited to get the G2.
I had the old galaxy S Plus before the G2 and of course that's a huge difference. But the only thing i really needed the G2 for was the better camera and gaming performance, for everything else the S Plus with CM 10.2 was good enough for me and my wife is still using it.

I guess i'll keep the G2 for at least 2 years because i can hardly find anything i don't like about it except no sd slot and no changeable battery but i don't really need that since i got the 32 GB version and the battery life is good (if you don't play game a lot that is).

z0phi3l
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Looking forward to the G3, should qualify for a Jump upgrade by the time T-Mobile gets it

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Phones:
MyTouch 3G, Nexus One, Galaxy Vibrant, Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G2

Jooosty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Sounds like most of you guys are pretty satisfied with the G2.

😎

Sent from the LG G2
HTC ULTIMEIGHT!

robin786
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I'm satisfied with G2 too. Maybe the 1st device I didn't try to root & install custom rom the moment I bought it. I used to be attached to Samsung phones so G2 is the 1st break for me. Well, I'm glad I made the break!

About not changing the phone, well that depends on how LG rolls out updates in future. I might just get fed up & change to other brand if support for update is scarce like now.

Sent from my LG-D802
The Following User Says Thank You to robin786 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlwaysLimey
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Tbh the G2 is still the best phone on the market, including the HTC M8 and SGS5. There really is no reason to change unless you simply want to. Nothing that has come out this year is worth any out of pocket expense. Perhaps when the Note 4 is released this fall, then maybe.. if you like Samsung. Even then, I think we have reached a temporary lull in smartphones where anything new is a very, very slight improvement. I wouldn't switch until something blows me away, and nothing so far has.

force70
Old
Thanks Meter 1397
As crazy as this may sound to some I honestly dont know how anyone can

A) have only one device at a time
B) hang onto to it without at least upgrading to something else after some time.

I bought 5 devices in 2013 all of them outright...still have 3 of them (G2, Note 3, S4)..and so far this year these have my attention:

G3
G flex (if it had sd card support id have it already)
G pro 2
Z2

and thats so far and its not even april yet lol..probably end up with 3 or more new ones this year even though I had wanted to slow down a bit...but whats a guy to do lol?

Theres guys who go through alot more devices than me around here though...u know who you are!

sent from vacation in the phillipines via i337M galaxy S4
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Current devices :S4, Note 3, G2
The Following User Says Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlwaysLimey
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70 View Post
As crazy as this may sound to some I honestly dont know how anyone can

A) have only one device at a time
B) hang onto to it without at least upgrading to something else after some time.

I bought 5 devices in 2013 all of them outright...still have 3 of them (G2, Note 3, S4)..and so far this year these have my attention:

G3
G flex (if it had sd card support id have it already)
G pro 2
Z2

and thats so far and its not even april yet lol..probably end up with 3 or more new ones this year even though I had wanted to slow down a bit...but whats a guy to do lol?

Theres guys who go through alot more devices than me around here though...u know who you are!

That makes no sense unless you are getting them for free and being paid to review them.

force70
Old
(Last edited by force70; 27th March 2014 at 10:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLimey View Post
That makes no sense unless you are getting them for free and being paid to review them.
Nope I just like new devices....I get bored easily.

Why limit yourself to one device when its easy enough to have a few?

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Current devices :S4, Note 3, G2

The Following User Says Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]