Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to activate Bands 26 and 41

Tip us?

RevolcFael4
Old
(Last edited by RevolcFael4; 15th November 2013 at 04:05 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default How to activate Bands 26 and 41

Go to the Dialer and Enter in ##DATA# (##3282#)

Select "LTE" , Edit

You need your MSL Code. This can easily be obtained by contacting Sprint here.

Enable Bands26 and Band41. Priority 1.

Does anyone feel a difference? My speeds here are bouncing up and down with and without this on. Sometimes its 11.38MB/s and sometimes its 7.18MB/s

I just found out that Band26 isnt available, what about 41?

I cant delete this so...
Current Devices

Sprint LG G2 (LG-LS980) Soon To be rooted...
HTC EVO 3D (Shooter - 3VO) - S-OFF - H-BOOT 1.58 Junopunut Bear
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevolcFael4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

J94w
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolcFael4 View Post

Select "LTE" , Edit

Does anyone feel a difference? My speeds here are bouncing up and down with and without this on. Sometimes its 11.38MB/s and sometimes its 7.18MB/s

I cant delete this so...
According to another user, BAND 41 is highly unstable as it seems to be either Sprint kicking them out or the software is buggy, also to access any of the two you have to disable band 25 witch is LTE ON/OFF.

3G seems a little better with all three on, and the jumping is this crappy software, I hate it but I can live with it till we get a better update

Also Band 26 I believe is the old Nextel air wave, they are still waiting for iDEN users to switch over to the new CDMA push to talk and also they are still messing with the FCC on that as far as I know

Band 41 is Clearwire air wave, to find out if your in a clearwire area just go to clearwires website and search the signal maps, unfortunately I am not as of this moment.

My shining moment is when they get Band 25 and 26 working and then I will be a happy camper

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolcFael4 View Post

Select "LTE" , Edit

I cant delete this so...
When you are connected to LTE, you have to verify that you are truly on B41 or B25. To do this you have to use the dialer code ##DEBUG# (##33284#) and click on LTE Engineering to view the LTE band your phone is currently connected to. No way are you only getting speeds of11.38 MB/sec and 7.18 MB/sec on an empty B41 LTE carrier.

Pics of LTE Engineering screen

Here are my screenshots from my B41 LTE testing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ericdabbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iondokk
Old
Thanks Meter 73
So how did you get on band 41

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Note II
(ROM) ma5 stock
(KERNEL)Persues-Alpha32
(THEME) NONE
(MOD) NONE
(MODEM) ma5
-------------------

DRUMSBH
Old
Thanks Meter 81
I can't even connect to 4G! Every time I try it connects for about 20sec then disconnects. I believe it has to do with holder hardware for lte in my area and that a ota will need to happen to fix it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

cdsbj6508
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
When you are connected to LTE, you have to verify that you are truly on B41 or B25. To do this you have to use the dialer code ##DEBUG# (##33284#) and click on LTE Engineering to view the LTE band your phone is currently connected to. No way are you only getting speeds of11.38 MB/sec and 7.18 MB/sec on an empty B41 LTE carrier.

Pics of LTE Engineering screen

Here are my screenshots from my B41 LTE testing.

I followed this guide and my band states 50. Is that right?

rpassmore
Old
(Last edited by rpassmore; 15th November 2013 at 08:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsbj6508 View Post
Yes odd, I'm in Portland Oregon, made these changes and my Band shows 50. I can't find any mention of a Band 50 on the interwebs.

*edit*
Doing some testing, I reset my data connection by turning airplane mode on/off, it connected to Band 25, my speed was 4.11/1.78 mpbs. I turned Wifi back on..and now it's showing Band 50 again. I repeated the test with the same results.

Perhaps the phone sets LTE Engineering mode to Band 50 while in wifi?
LG G2 - Black - Sprint
The Following User Says Thank You to rpassmore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ericdabbs
Old
(Last edited by ericdabbs; 15th November 2013 at 11:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsbj6508 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpassmore View Post
Yes odd, I'm in Portland Oregon, made these changes and my Band shows 50. I can't find any mention of a Band 50 on the interwebs.

*edit*
Doing some testing, I reset my data connection by turning airplane mode on/off, it connected to Band 25, my speed was 4.11/1.78 mpbs. I turned Wifi back on..and now it's showing Band 50 again. I repeated the test with the same results.

Perhaps the phone sets LTE Engineering mode to Band 50 while in wifi?
Did you guys verify if you had the 4GLTE icon displaying when you saw B50? B50 means you are not connected at all to LTE. B50 is what the LTE engineering screen sits at by default when it isn't connected to LTE. Don't ask me why Sprint set it to B50 but you can verify this yourself by checking the ##DEBUG# dialer code at the LTE engineering screen when you are only connected to 3G and you will see B50...*shrug*.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericdabbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Big Boy Laroux
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Sorry, didn't see what band I was on at the time, but I took a screenshot cause I was floored by these speeds. I have not done any editing to my bands.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384583236498.jpg
Views:	1317
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	2394991  

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Sorry, didn't see what band I was on at the time, but I took a screenshot cause I was floored by these speeds. I have not done any editing to my bands.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
That is B25 LTE for sure. The speeds you posted are possible with B25 LTE. You probably don't have a loaded LTE sector which is why you have great speeds. The B25 LTE carrier can support up to 37 Mbps for a 5x5 LTE carrier so this speed is not out of the range.