Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Can't install Cyanogenmod 11

Tip us?
 
prime2499
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default Help! Can't install Cyanogenmod 11

Hello guys! I'm all new to this custom rom thing. So I was running stock 4.3 android on by T-Mobile S3. I saw online that Cyanogenmod is much snappier than Touchwiz, so I downloaded Cyanogenmod Installer and follow the steps. After it finished, it goes past the Samsung Boot screen for like a second and then I get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen... Help! I can't use my phone now.
 
gilberts555
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 26
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tuckerton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime2499 View Post
Hello guys! I'm all new to this custom rom thing. So I was running stock 4.3 android on by T-Mobile S3. I saw online that Cyanogenmod is much snappier than Touchwiz, so I downloaded Cyanogenmod Installer and follow the steps. After it finished, it goes past the Samsung Boot screen for like a second and then I get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen... Help! I can't use my phone now.
One of the biggest things here is the model number. Do you know if it was the t999 or t999l?
 
prime2499
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilberts555 View Post
One of the biggest things here is the model number. Do you know if it was the t999 or t999l?
T999
 
gilberts555
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 26
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tuckerton

 
DONATE TO ME
Interesting. I always used the cwm method to install Roms. Can you at least boot into recovery? By the way, there are some great threads that have tutorials to fix soft bricks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current devices: (All are rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G (T959V), Beanstalk 4.4.2, TWRP Almost never used, lend to people if Blaze is unavailable
Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (T769), CyanogenMod 11, CWM Used frequently, lend to people
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III (T999L), CyanogenMod 11, CWM Used all the time, primary, only I use.

I love Judge Judy. Seriously.
 
prime2499
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilberts555 View Post
Interesting. I always used the cwm method to install Roms. Can you at least boot into recovery? By the way, there are some great threads that have tutorials to fix soft bricks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes
 
gilberts555
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 26
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tuckerton

 
DONATE TO ME
You can try resetting in recovery. I'm not really sure how the cm installer works

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current devices: (All are rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G (T959V), Beanstalk 4.4.2, TWRP Almost never used, lend to people if Blaze is unavailable
Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (T769), CyanogenMod 11, CWM Used frequently, lend to people
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III (T999L), CyanogenMod 11, CWM Used all the time, primary, only I use.

I love Judge Judy. Seriously.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more