Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] HELP! Xperia T does not boot after JB update

Tip us?

gabzki
Old
(Last edited by gabzki; 3rd February 2013 at 02:50 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [SOLVED] HELP! Xperia T does not boot after JB update

I updated my Sony Xperia T to 4.1.2 a few hours ago via PC Companion 2.1. Everything was good until I restarted my phone and it got stuck in the screen with white triangle and blue bar (after the Sony logo). I waited but nothing happens.

I've tried to force restart using power button + volume up (switching off using the power button alone doesn't respond) several times but it still get stuck in the same screen. I was able to repair it using PC companion and SEUS (both were successful) but when I turned on the phone the problem still persists. Restarted several times but to no avail. I cannot use my phone right now.

What seems to be the problem?

My phone is less than a week old, unlocked, stock and not rooted. I will try to flash 4.0.4 back using flashtool coz it was working fine before the JB update.

gabzki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabzki View Post
I updated my Sony Xperia T to 4.1.2 a few hours ago via PC Companion 2.1. Everything was good until I restarted my phone and it got stuck in the screen with white triangle and blue bar (after the Sony logo). I waited but nothing happens.

I've tried to force restart using power button + volume up (switching off using the power button alone doesn't respond) several times but it still get stuck in the same screen. I was able to repair it using PC companion and SEUS (both were successful) but when I turned on the phone the problem still persists. Restarted several times but to no avail. I cannot use my phone right now.

What seems to be the problem?

My phone is less than a week old, unlocked, stock and not rooted. I will try to flash 4.0.4 back using flashtool coz it was working fine before the JB update.
Update: I flashed .233 using flashtool but still the same. Is my phone bricked?

baz@gmx.co.uk
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Update: I flashed .233 using flashtool but still the same. Is my phone bricked?
I have read that this process can take some time, flash a rom and give it at least upto 45 minutes, if it is still not working maybe you have a more serious problem.

cartmenicus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1970

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] HELP! Xperia T does not boot after JB update

Flash a 303 firmware in flashtool instead of pc companion it never gets stuck for me weird some people have these problems

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium
Device: Nexus 7,nexus 5
Rom: N7: AOSPA, faux kernel. Nexus 5:AOSPA, ElementalX

segataj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any news on that? i have exactly the same problem after flashing with PCCompanion.

crazymister
Old
Thanks Meter 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by segataj View Post
Any news on that? i have exactly the same problem after flashing with PCCompanion.
Just leave it be, plugged to the charger. I've heard of cases were it too about 3 hours to compete

Did I help? Please press the thanks button

Sent from my Xperia T (LT30P) using XDA premium
The Following User Says Thank You to crazymister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mpiekp
Old
Thanks Meter 610

I had this before, when going from 303 to 195.
Flash back the exact last full firmware you had prior to jb, if it was custom use the ftf the Rom is based on, it should boot, reset, then do the update again.
It took 35 mins to complete, I thought it was dead, once you get that screen, do not interrupt it or it can't complete and you need to start again.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mpiekp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabzki
Old
(Last edited by gabzki; 2nd February 2013 at 01:45 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
OK, I was able to fix it and replicate it once but there's no certainty that it will not happen again once I restart the phone.

Here's what I did...

Since .233 did not work, I tried flashing the older firmware which is .303 - It worked!

I tried flashing .233 again to test if it has something to do with the firmware but it flashed without any problems!

I checked with PC companion to update to 4.1.2 but no update is available (since I used the UK firmware) so I flashed using the ftf file (.489) found here - it successfully flashed to 4.1.2!

HOWEVER, when the phone restarted (after inserting the sim card) and that's when the problem happened again! It stuck on the same screen. That's how I first encountered the problem earlier - the first reboot after updating caused for the phone to get stuck to that screen with white triangle and blue bar.

So I repeated the same process again (flashed .303 but skipped .233) then flashed .489 successfully but I DECIDED NOT TO RESTART THE PHONE this time. I'm not an expert so I don't know what's the cause of this??

My phone is working fine right now. Probably I will try to reboot the phone after 3 days to see if the issue comes back again.

gabzki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by segataj View Post
Did the problem occur right after you updated? Or when you rebooted the phone for the first time after the update?

Mine was ok whether I updated via PC Companion or flashtool - the problem only happened when I restarted the phone for the first time after the update. So I tried not to reboot the phone on my third attempt. It's working fine now on 4.1.2. (as long as i don't restart it probably).

You can try the process I explained above and let us know!

c1-p8
Old
(Last edited by c1-p8; 2nd February 2013 at 03:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Did the problem occur right after you updated? Or when you rebooted the phone for the first time after the update?

Mine was ok whether I updated via PC Companion or flashtool - the problem only happened when I restarted the phone for the first time after the update. So I tried not to reboot the phone on my third attempt. It's working fine now on 4.1.2. (as long as i don't restart it probably).

You can try the process I explained above and let us know!
I've the same problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/inagohwpri...2010.27.02.jpg

I don't want void warranty... what can I do?
Device: HTC One M8! ...and Oneplus One