Question [Q] Noob seeking advice.

OP aagz0921

27th March 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Xiamen
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
More
Good day/evening ladies and gentleman. I am a noob, go ahead, laugh.... I am an american living in China, I have a GS4 GTi9500 but the connection sucks here. I'm always stuck on E if I'm not connected to wifi. I am seriously contemplating to buy a Note 3, I need it for my studies and the S-Pen is a big help for writing Chinese characters.

Now my question is, they sell the Note 3 N9008V here, but I know that it being in China mobile it probably has no google support (playstore, etc) so I would like to know if there is a way to install a western version of android? I believe you guys call it custom rom? Or if it is better to have someone buy a phone in Hong Kong and bring it to me already with said version of android? I need something that can at least run on 3G. This 2 and 2.G connections are driving me insane.

I can't begin to thank you enough if you help me out here.

If anyone is willing to help guide me in a custom rom installation step by step through skype I will pay you for your services via paypal.

I am getting desperate here.

Aagz0921
The Following User Says Thank You to aagz0921 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 105

783 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagz0921

Good day/evening ladies and gentleman. I am a noob, go ahead, laugh.... I am an american living in China, I have a GS4 GTi9500 but the connection sucks here. I'm always stuck on E if I'm not connected to wifi. I am seriously contemplating to buy a Note 3, I need it for my studies and the S-Pen is a big help for writing Chinese characters.

Now my question is, they sell the Note 3 N9008V here, but I know that it being in China mobile it probably has no google support (playstore, etc) so I would like to know if there is a way to install a western version of android? I believe you guys call it custom rom? Or if it is better to have someone buy a phone in Hong Kong and bring it to me already with said version of android? I need something that can at least run on 3G. This 2 and 2.G connections are driving me insane.

I can't begin to thank you enough if you help me out here.

If anyone is willing to help guide me in a custom rom installation step by step through skype I will pay you for your services via paypal.

I am getting desperate here.

Aagz0921

Why would we laugh on you. Almost everyone here asks these questions.

I think you can flash another rom.
Goto sammobile.com and check your firmware. You will get many from different countries.
I dont know this will make you use pkay store or not.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
The Following User Says Thank You to thahim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Xiamen

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Why would we laugh on you. Almost everyone here asks these questions.

I think you can flash another rom.
Goto sammobile.com and check your firmware. You will get many from different countries.
I dont know this will make you use pkay store or not.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

I will check. Thanks so much for the quick response. I hate this censorship crap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aagz0921 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,462 posts
Mate, my suggestion would be to get the international N9005 version... More support if you need it... N008 version has a VERY limited user base and not much support...
Make sure its the 32gb version though, not the 16gb Hongkong version as that also has its issues...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Xiamen

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Mate, my suggestion would be to get the international N9005 version... More support if you need it... N008 version has a VERY limited user base and not much support...
Make sure its the 32gb version though, not the 16gb Hongkong version as that also has its issues...

Ok. I'll look into it. Now how do I know which band does it run on? Meaning, will it be able to at least run on China Mobile 3G? Or better yet, 4G? I have an international GS4 GTi9500 and I'm stuck on E if I'm not on wifi... I know a girl here who brought her AT&T Note 3 and is the same for her, stuck on E all the time outside of wifi.
27th March 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,095

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagz0921

Ok. I'll look into it. Now how do I know which band does it run on? Meaning, will it be able to at least run on China Mobile 3G? Or better yet, 4G? I have an international GS4 GTi9500 and I'm stuck on E if I'm not on wifi... I know a girl here who brought her AT&T Note 3 and is the same for her, stuck on E all the time outside of wifi.

The network signal will be depend on ur carrier provider. It has nothing to do with the device.
I brought my Note 3 and Note 2 to village in Indonesia... the signal also get only E at certain corner. But on certain area I get G/3G/H/H+.
It depends on the coverage.

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 with AGNi PSN purestock v3.9.3 OC
The Following User Says Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Xiamen

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

The network signal will be depend on ur carrier provider. It has nothing to do with the device.
I brought my Note 3 and Note 2 to village in Indonesia... the signal also get only E at certain corner. But on certain area I get G/3G/H/H+.
It depends on the coverage.

That's what I'm confused about. I got an unlocked carrierless GS4 and she brought an unlocked AT&T Note 3 from the U.S. she is also getting E anyehere she goes.
27th March 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,095

2,100 posts
More
Blame it on ur service provider.

The Following User Says Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #9  
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 2,652

1,331 posts
More
If no one else is willing to do it, i will...
You're a noob, ha ha, nobody wants to be a noob, ha ha. :sly: (joke)

Sent from my N9005
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dejan Sathanas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Xiamen

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

Blame it on ur service provider.

You got that right... Efficiency and/or customer service is not in the chinese dictionary...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread