qpst and cellular calling

Search This thread

supermaxkato

Feb 21, 2010
After using QPST for my Dad's Inc4g it has 2 odd cellular problems.
It can make outgoing calls for a few minutes.
But then it says that the “phone number is not active or invalid” (like it’s not activated).
Then the only call it can make is to 611 (data and wifi off), but it gives me his correct balance and minutes used (so it's still connected to his account).
Rebooting does not allow it to make outgoing calls either.
It's as if it's partially dropped off the verizon network somehow because turning the radio on and off again also doesn't work (airplane mode on/off).
And when another phone calls him it goes straight to his voicemail.
BUT….if another verizon phone calls he CAN receive that incoming call no problem.
*Then once he answers that incoming call, he can magically make an outgoing call again!

So can anyone tell me what I might need to change, to stop it from loosing the ability to make outgoing calls?

It’s brand new (NOT rooted or anything else).
The Preferred network is set to CDMA only.
Only changes have been through QPST, and switched to NV-Only mode so he doesn't have to use the sim card.
Also after QPST the roaming triangle popped up, but I have the 58012 PRL (isn’t this the latest for this phone)?

If he starts to dial a number, but then immediately hangs up (accidental dial), his next call gets the "system busy" network error.
Then attempting to make a call after that gives the same error as above (requiring a verizon phone to call to get him back on the network).
Could someone try do this and see if they can repeat this error?

So to anyone who has used QPST with this phone, or flashed it to another carrier, do you have any change suggestions for either of these problems? Maybe changing something in EPST?
Thanks for your help.