Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LTE and MMS issues (Sim/NV)

Tip us?

Akasa Fox
Old
(Last edited by Akasa Fox; 15th March 2014 at 04:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Exclamation [Q] LTE and MMS issues (Sim/NV)

Alright, first off, i've been trying to fix my device for a few days, and scouring the internet; i've been completely unable to fix this issue

After installing an AOSP rom, I accidentally screwed with my Sim settings. My LTE and MMS are both broken on all roms that I have tried, and I can't for the life of me get them fixed. LTE sometimes works when I force LTE only, but then I can't make calls or send SMS.

(Just a quick rundown to highlight the main points)

☻LTE won't work unless I force LTE only. (AOSP)
☻MMS won't send, unless i'm on the stock ROM (I've used GOSMS, Hangouts, and Stock)

I feel like I have literally tried everything. Different recoverys, different root methods, different basebands, I've reflashed the APN, and even paid a visit to my friend Murry at Sprint; still no fix. My ESN is still good, along with my MEID. Any help would be greatly appreciated; this has been giving me hell for the past few days.

rosystreasures
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasa Fox View Post
Alright, first off, i've been trying to fix my device for a few days, and scouring the internet; i've been completely unable to fix this issue

After installing an AOSP rom, I accidentally screwed with my Sim settings. My LTE and MMS are both broken on all roms that I have tried, and I can't for the life of me get them fixed. LTE sometimes works when I force LTE only, but then I can't make calls or send SMS.

☻MMS won't send, unless i'm on the stock ROM (I've used GOSMS, Hangouts, and Stock)

I feel like I have literally tried everything. Different recoverys, different root methods, different basebands, I've reflashed the APN, and even paid a visit to my friend Murry at Sprint; still no fix. My ESN is still good, along with my MEID. Any help would be greatly appreciated; this has been giving me hell for the past few days.

Cant help you with the LTE...

As for the MMS, try the attached file - bryansmmsfix (at your own risk). just flash in your recovery of choice (just not stock, of course). This worked for mine last night.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bryansmmsfix[1].zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.76 MB, 6 views)
Thank you kindly,
Rosy

Sprint Galaxy Note 3
X-Note V15
The Following User Says Thank You to rosystreasures For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ColeTrain!
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasa Fox View Post

Did you get it fixed? If you can't get it, start fresh.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2648855
The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTrain! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Akasa Fox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeTrain! View Post
Did you get it fixed? If you can't get it, start fresh.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2648855

You're the man! Thank you very much for pointing me towards that topic, that just solved each and every one of my problems. Thank you!