Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help: Fast charging a 5120

Tip us?

Azirahael
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Help: Fast charging a 5120

So, i have an Alienware laptop with 1300mA usb 3.0 ports and one heavy charge usb 2.0 2Amp charge-while-off port.
I also have a box PC with 1300mA '3x' usb ports for 'heavy charging', both usb 2.0 and 3.0

using the 'battery charging source and current' app for these readings.

My note 1 will happily pull 1300mA out of a wall charger, or any of the usb ports on any comp, and charges like lightning.

My note 8 however draws the usb max of 466mA on all ports, except the 2amp port. on that one it draws 1amp.
on a wall charger it draws nearly 1800mA.

Anyone know of an app that can just lie to this thing and say "Draw whatever is there" ?

I've seen a few posts about hacking cables, but i'm a bit leery of shorting cables that carry 2 amps.

i've seen similar posts about this stuff, but not for the note 8.

Any help, much appreciated.

R

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azirahael View Post
So, i have an Alienware laptop with 1300mA usb 3.0 ports and one heavy charge usb 2.0 2Amp charge-while-off port.
I also have a box PC with 1300mA '3x' usb ports for 'heavy charging', both usb 2.0 and 3.0

using the 'battery charging source and current' app for these readings.

My note 1 will happily pull 1300mA out of a wall charger, or any of the usb ports on any comp, and charges like lightning.

My note 8 however draws the usb max of 466mA on all ports, except the 2amp port. on that one it draws 1amp.
on a wall charger it draws nearly 1800mA.

Anyone know of an app that can just lie to this thing and say "Draw whatever is there" ?

I've seen a few posts about hacking cables, but i'm a bit leery of shorting cables that carry 2 amps.

i've seen similar posts about this stuff, but not for the note 8.

Any help, much appreciated.

R
Do a search about battery issues here in this forum. I have an extensive troubleshooting thread to help with such issues and battery performance.

Many are just developers and want to push their fix when most of the time it is something that can be overlooked and patched with band aid fixes.