Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safestap Slot Disappeared

Tip us?

skeven
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Safestap Slot Disappeared

I recently updated my Avatar ROM on ROM-Slot-1 under Safestrap 3.11 with no issues and it has been working fine for the past 4+ days. However, while playing a game on my phone, my battery ran down and the phone entered shutdown.

About 10 minutes later I put it on the charger and let it charge for a good 30 minutes or so while still powered off. Come back to power it on and the Safestrap boot screen loads showing "Unprotected" and the dread set in immediately.

Opened up Safestrap recovery and of course my Avatar installation isn't recognized. Selecting it asks me to allocate space to create a ROM slot & etc.

Any tips on getting Safestrap to recognize the custom ROM or am I set back to recovering the backup I made last week?

Giers88
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeven View Post
I recently updated my Avatar ROM on ROM-Slot-1 under Safestrap 3.11 with no issues and it has been working fine for the past 4+ days. However, while playing a game on my phone, my battery ran down and the phone entered shutdown.

About 10 minutes later I put it on the charger and let it charge for a good 30 minutes or so while still powered off. Come back to power it on and the Safestrap boot screen loads showing "Unprotected" and the dread set in immediately.

Opened up Safestrap recovery and of course my Avatar installation isn't recognized. Selecting it asks me to allocate space to create a ROM slot & etc.

Any tips on getting Safestrap to recognize the custom ROM or am I set back to recovering the backup I made last week?
Hmmmm, are you running any trash cleaning apps? (For instance, I run clean master to help speed up my phone for a D's emulator) but if you do... Make sure you aren't deleting your ROM slot with that. (Mine has run automatically on boot, and on next reboot, it reverted to stock ROM)
The Following User Says Thank You to Giers88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Good call. Clean Master extended clean doesn't recognize Safestrap backups.

antennaman1969
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschang View Post
Good call. Clean Master extended clean doesn't recognize Safestrap backups.
Yeah...I found that out the hard way yesterday. Clean Master keeps begging me to get rid of this "extra" 6+ GB of files it says I'll be fine without.

I press without looking; I delete 2 slots worth.

SS kicks me back onto the stock slot.

I fail to notice right away; I restore the PA slot OVER the STOCK slot...

Long story short, I learned how to FXZ yesterday.

Goodbye, Clean Master.
ES Task Manager is competent enough without cannibalizing important files.

deduct
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default safe strap slot disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennaman1969 View Post
Yeah...I found that out the hard way yesterday. Clean Master keeps begging me to get rid of this "extra" 6+ GB of files it says I'll be fine without.

I press without looking; I delete 2 slots worth.

SS kicks me back onto the stock slot.

I fail to notice right away; I restore the PA slot OVER the STOCK slot...

Long story short, I learned how to FXZ yesterday.

Goodbye, Clean Master.
ES Task Manager is competent enough without cannibalizing important files.
I'm glad you figured it out. I was going to suggest fxz'ing your bionic too.
Tags
bionic, safestrap