Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 42,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error : radio must be newer than uvmc6

Tip us?

danny_android
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Error : radio must be newer than uvmc6

Ok guys, I am new to ROMs and kernels, and what not. I installed Cyanogenmod 10.0 with the help of my friend, and after using this, I wanted to upgrade to android 4.4. I downloaded XenonHD, and Beanstalk if I am not wrong, after I used darkside super wipe, and once i tried to install the ROM it says "Error : Radio must be newer than uvmc6." Does anyone know how to get a newer radio, without messing up my device?

magda623
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_android View Post
Ok guys, I am new to ROMs and kernels, and what not. I installed Cyanogenmod 10.0 with the help of my friend, and after using this, I wanted to upgrade to android 4.4. I downloaded XenonHD, and Beanstalk if I am not wrong, after I used darkside super wipe, and once i tried to install the ROM it says "Error : Radio must be newer than uvmc6." Does anyone know how to get a newer radio, without messing up my device?
UVMC6 is the newest radio. If you having problems, download and flash the radio from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1895400 in your recovery. Then try to install the ROM. I know that beanstalk asks, but as long as the radio is current, it just bypasses it. Give that a shot. How old is your phone? What version of ROM were your using? (ICS, JB) The ICS radio is different than the one that is needed to install the 4.4 roms. Might want to update the recovery. But thats not going to fix your issue. TWRP 2.7 is out. I'm running Dirty Unicorn 4.4.2 with the updated recovery. Works great. Hope that helps.