FORUMS

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Error : radio must be newer than uvmc6

14th March 2014, 03:47 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok guys, I am new to ROMs and kernels, and what not. I installed Cyanogenmod 10.0 with the help of my friend, and after using this, I wanted to upgrade to android 4.4. I downloaded XenonHD, and Beanstalk if I am not wrong, after I used darkside super wipe, and once i tried to install the ROM it says "Error : Radio must be newer than uvmc6." Does anyone know how to get a newer radio, without messing up my device?

18th March 2014, 12:23 AM |#2  
Flag Peoria
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_android

Ok guys, I am new to ROMs and kernels, and what not. I installed Cyanogenmod 10.0 with the help of my friend, and after using this, I wanted to upgrade to android 4.4. I downloaded XenonHD, and Beanstalk if I am not wrong, after I used darkside super wipe, and once i tried to install the ROM it says "Error : Radio must be newer than uvmc6." Does anyone know how to get a newer radio, without messing up my device?

UVMC6 is the newest radio. If you having problems, download and flash the radio from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1895400 in your recovery. Then try to install the ROM. I know that beanstalk asks, but as long as the radio is current, it just bypasses it. Give that a shot. How old is your phone? What version of ROM were your using? (ICS, JB) The ICS radio is different than the one that is needed to install the 4.4 roms. Might want to update the recovery. But thats not going to fix your issue. TWRP 2.7 is out. I'm running Dirty Unicorn 4.4.2 with the updated recovery. Works great. Hope that helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread