Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Final Fantasy V

Tip us?

baldwyn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Final Fantasy V

Has anyone gotten this game to load? I'll touch the icon to launch the game, it'll sit there for a minute and then exit back to the home screen. No error message or anything. I sent a customer support email to Square Enix, but who knows how long that will take. Thought maybe someone here knew of the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app

KeylanHalfdan
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldwyn View Post
Has anyone gotten this game to load? I'll touch the icon to launch the game, it'll sit there for a minute and then exit back to the home screen. No error message or anything. I sent a customer support email to Square Enix, but who knows how long that will take. Thought maybe someone here knew of the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!
Do you have xposed framework installed on your device?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

baldwyn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I have exposed. Is there a module that could help? I bought the game but would like to copy it to another device without downloading it again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

KeylanHalfdan
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have exposed. Is there a module that could help? I bought the game but would like to copy it to another device without downloading it again.

Exposed is actually the problem. The newer square Enix games check for it and don't work if it is found. Not really sure why they do, but it started with version 1.0.3 of final fantasy dimensions, and it is also present in all versions of IV and V. You have to disable all modules and reboot for it to work.

The Following User Says Thank You to KeylanHalfdan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baldwyn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylanHalfdan View Post
Exposed is actually the problem. The newer square Enix games check for it and don't work if it is found. Not really sure why they do, but it started with version 1.0.3 of final fantasy dimensions, and it is also present in all versions of IV and V. You have to disable all modules and reboot for it to work.

I actually want to get the game on another device without re-downloading it. I bought the game on my phone because that's the only way I could get it charged to my AT&T phone bill, but I really wanted it to play on my Nexus 7 tablet. I just can't download the whole game again because my wifi sucks at my house. I don't have xposed on the Nexus, but I have Titanium Backup. I transferred the 3 TiBu files from my phone to my tablet and even the obb folder and put it in the obb folder under Android. I then ran Restore App + Data on the tablet. Now, whenever I tap the FFV icon on the tablet, it just hangs for a second and then goes straight to the home screen. I've used TiBu many times before and the method I just described has worked for every other app I've transferred from my phone to my tablet. I'm just confounded why it won't work with this app. Any other suggestions? You've already been a big help!

KeylanHalfdan
Old
(Last edited by KeylanHalfdan; 24th November 2013 at 03:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I actually want to get the game on another device without re-downloading it. I bought the game on my phone because that's the only way I could get it charged to my AT&T phone bill, but I really wanted it to play on my Nexus 7 tablet. I just can't download the whole game again because my wifi sucks at my house. I don't have xposed on the Nexus, but I have Titanium Backup. I transferred the 3 TiBu files from my phone to my tablet and even the obb folder and put it in the obb folder under Android. I then ran Restore App + Data on the tablet. Now, whenever I tap the FFV icon on the tablet, it just hangs for a second and then goes straight to the home screen. I've used TiBu many times before and the method I just described has worked for every other app I've transferred from my phone to my tablet. I'm just confounded why it won't work with this app. Any other suggestions? You've already been a big help!

I think it has to do with the extra data the apply needs to download on first run. Titanium backup will backup the apk and save data, but it doesn't backup the usually 100+mb obb file stored on the sd card.

You could copy the file from:

sdcard/Android/obb/ com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFV_GP

to your computer and then transfer it to your other device and it should work.

baldwyn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I did that. I have the folder: com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFV_GP in Android/obb and in that folder contains the 140.43MB file: main.105.com.square_enix.android_Google play.FFV_GP.obb. I also have the apk.gz, properties and tar.gz files in the TiBu folder. I then ran Restore App+Data in TiBu. It then goes through the install process and then when it's finished, I hit Open, the screen goes blank for a minute and then exits to home.

Like I said, I've done this with many games and apps before and it's never given me problems like this stupid game is right now. Who would've thought it would be so hard to try to relive a small piece of my childhood?

shadowhero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone find a fix for this yet? i'm having the same problem. Just opens black screen n exits.

KeylanHalfdan
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhero View Post
anyone find a fix for this yet? i'm having the same problem. Just opens black screen n exits.
Do you have xposed installed?

uniackm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fix I found for it to work

I have had the same problem stated, Xposed installed and FFV black screen and returning to home screen.
Xposed is the problem, the fix I found is to move Xposed as a system app and any modules.
Works for me.