Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SW2 and Nexus 5 + KitKat 4.4 compatibility

Tip us?

pep0te
Old
(Last edited by pep0te; 14th November 2013 at 10:17 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default SW2 and Nexus 5 + KitKat 4.4 compatibility

Hi guys,

I would like to know if Sony Smartwatch 2 is totally compatible with the Nexus 5 before buy it! I don't know if someone here are in the same situation.

Searching in the forum, I've seen an opinion with succesfull results but I prefer to read more than one . Also I read a Bluetooth problem (it drops and reconnects every few minutes).

Thanks a lot.

future98
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nexus 5 + SW2 + Augmented Smartwatch pro working together like a charm
The difference between children and adults is the price of their toys

pep0te
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by future98 View Post
Nexus 5 + SW2 + Augmented Smartwatch pro working together like a charm
Thanks for your feedback. What about notifications (SMS, Calls, Email/Gmail, Whatsapp, LINE, Twitter, Facebook, etc...)? Hope it works great too

future98
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I checked all kind of notification (Facebook, mail, twitter, calls...) before installing augmented SmartWatch pro and all worked correctly. But I only use augmented for all notifications now.

Enviado desde mi GT-N5110 usando Tapatalk 4
The difference between children and adults is the price of their toys

pep0te
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by future98 View Post
I checked all kind of notification (Facebook, mail, twitter, calls...) before installing augmented SmartWatch pro and all worked correctly. But I only use augmented for all notifications now.

Enviado desde mi GT-N5110 usando Tapatalk 4
Great! Thanks a lot. Will take it soon

vogli
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I use the Nexus 5 with the SW2 and Watch it. It works perfect a well.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

AriMK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Working ok for me except for the Music player... (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516313 )
Tryed with augmented watch, can't skip songs on Google Music too with Augmented Watch...

FANdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Seems to be working okay. The Sony authored Messaging Smart Extension still shows SMS even though they are now displayed inside Hangouts.

I'm using WatchIt! now to capture all other notifications and pushing them to the device. Seems to work great so far.
Android user since 1.5 Cupcake

Previous Devices
HTC Dream, Motorola Milestone, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Note i717, Sony Xperia Go, LG Nexus 4, LG Nexus 7

Current Devices
LG Nexus 5 (Telus), Sony SmartWatch 2, Samsung Note 10.1 (2014) Edition, Moto G (Wind)

aleekwen
Old
Thanks Meter 14
see user guide for SW2 and augmented http://augmentedtraffic.wordpress.co...finally-ready/
for google music open preferred music apps to "register" then you should be able to skip.
My thoughts on the Sony SmartWatch 2

http://augmentedtraffic.wordpress.co...-pro-progress/

AriMK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleekwen View Post
see user guide for SW2 and augmented augmentedtraffic.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/user-guide-for-augmented-smartwatch-pro-for-the-sony-sw2-finally-ready/
for google music open preferred music apps to "register" then you should be able to skip.
I will try again, but I really think there is an issue with KitKat (or nexus 5) and a lot of functionnalities, as I saw the currently playing song, but skip button were not working.