Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S5360T locked to Telstra

OP ouch3

11th March 2013, 04:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
hi i have a Telstra S5360T which is currently locked to Telstra.

i have try universal GB root V25 and i can't get root access, it shows as it's being rooted but when i try unlocking with Galaxy Toolbox, it still says no root access.

i have tried super one click 2.3.3 and was frozen on the way, and i have try many version of update.zip and none of them are working.

does anyone has any idea how to unlock/root Aus Telstra version of S5360T?
Last edited by ouch3; 11th March 2013 at 08:37 AM.
11th March 2013, 09:57 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Point Fortin
Thanks Meter: 1,243

3,163 posts
Re: S5360T locked to Telstra
Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1044765

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?
28th March 2013, 07:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Wink
A little help ...see attached.
Last edited by mintnavy; 28th March 2013 at 07:42 AM.
28th March 2013, 11:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch3

i have try universal GB root V25 and i can't get root access, it shows as it's being rooted but when i try unlocking with Galaxy Toolbox, it still says no root access.

i have tried super one click 2.3.3 and was frozen on the way, and i have try many version of update.zip and none of them are working.

what i did the last time is installed different s5360T firmware then use universal root...hope it can help..
Last edited by pattriccio; 28th March 2013 at 12:09 PM.
17th March 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dundurrabin NSW
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
SGY S5360T 'root' solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch3

Hi, I started off like you - tried many different methods on XDA and elsewhere - even hair pulling.
Firstly network 'unlocking' doesn't require 'root' access. Telstra will supply an 'unlock code' for free if your phone is over 2 years old. (Otherwise they may charge you to break contract) You give them IMEI number of your phone - they can give you code.
To open your Network Unlock screen – dial > #7465625*638*# on your handset and enter 'unlock code'.
I don't know if 'root' requires that handset is ' network unlocked'.
Anyway . .
Then I found this post - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1927769 - and by adopting method "3-Just(only)root:", and downloading the corresponding attached file - " 3-KERUK_Samsung_Root-only_signed.7z " I finally was successful in rooting my SGY GT S5360T (after weeks of frustration).
All credit and thanks to -CALIBAN666- for supplying the solution.

Incidently - my reason for attempting root was to try to properly unlock my phone to operate on Optus 3G (umts 900 MHz).
Although phone is network unlocked (unlock code supplied by Telstra), and the phone specs say it's 3G 900Mhz compatible, it is still not able to operate on that signal. I'm flummoxed. Would like to know, if you get your root, can your phone (S5360T) go 3G 900 MHz.
I suspect Telstra's firmware is holding out on me.

Good luck with it, hope this helps, and send thanks to -CALIBAN666-.
Last edited by Mz2453; 17th March 2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: more info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread