Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to root after unrooting

Tip us?
 
Captain Sweatpants
Old
#1  
Captain Sweatpants's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 329
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Edinburgh
Default Unable to root after unrooting

I haver already fixed this so I'm just looking for ideas/speculation I am running 4.1.2 and rooted via Doomlords exploit now as I had to RMA this phone due to a hardware problem I opened super su and selected unroot and cleanup. On getting the phone back I tried re rooting several times with no effect. I eventually had to use PCC to "repair" my firmware and in doing so all my data was wiped. Not too much of a prob as everything's in cloud storage. Then the exploit worked and I have root access back. My question is why would it not re root and why did it then work after re flashing the firmware?

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning
 
Cloud1989
Old
#2  
Cloud1989's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 126
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants View Post
I haver already fixed this so I'm just looking for ideas/speculation I am running 4.1.2 and rooted via Doomlords exploit now as I had to RMA this phone due to a hardware problem I opened super su and selected unroot and cleanup. On getting the phone back I tried re rooting several times with no effect. I eventually had to use PCC to "repair" my firmware and in doing so all my data was wiped. Not too much of a prob as everything's in cloud storage. Then the exploit worked and I have root access back. My question is why would it not re root and why did it then work after re flashing the firmware?

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
This happened to me on my partners phone when she had it returned back from Sony repair centre, had trouble rooting it but i had to flash the 257 kernal i believe it's that kernal over and over again in order to get it to work


 
Captain Sweatpants
Old
#3  
Captain Sweatpants's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 329
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Edinburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud1989 View Post
This happened to me on my partners phone when she had it returned back from Sony repair centre, had trouble rooting it but i had to flash the 257 kernal i believe it's that kernal over and over again in order to get it to work
Yes I tried flashing .257 about 10 times it still wouldn't Root


Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning
 
headache59
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 258
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants View Post
Yes I tried flashing .257 about 10 times it still wouldn't Root


Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Probably didn't wipe cache, appslog (not sure about data) when you flashed?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes