Unable to root after unrooting

OP Captain Sweatpants

16th March 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 83

329 posts
More
I haver already fixed this so I'm just looking for ideas/speculation I am running 4.1.2 and rooted via Doomlords exploit now as I had to RMA this phone due to a hardware problem I opened super su and selected unroot and cleanup. On getting the phone back I tried re rooting several times with no effect. I eventually had to use PCC to "repair" my firmware and in doing so all my data was wiped. Not too much of a prob as everything's in cloud storage. Then the exploit worked and I have root access back. My question is why would it not re root and why did it then work after re flashing the firmware?

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
17th March 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dudley
Thanks Meter: 27

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants

I haver already fixed this so I'm just looking for ideas/speculation I am running 4.1.2 and rooted via Doomlords exploit now as I had to RMA this phone due to a hardware problem I opened super su and selected unroot and cleanup. On getting the phone back I tried re rooting several times with no effect. I eventually had to use PCC to "repair" my firmware and in doing so all my data was wiped. Not too much of a prob as everything's in cloud storage. Then the exploit worked and I have root access back. My question is why would it not re root and why did it then work after re flashing the firmware?

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

This happened to me on my partners phone when she had it returned back from Sony repair centre, had trouble rooting it but i had to flash the 257 kernal i believe it's that kernal over and over again in order to get it to work
17th March 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 83

329 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud1989

This happened to me on my partners phone when she had it returned back from Sony repair centre, had trouble rooting it but i had to flash the 257 kernal i believe it's that kernal over and over again in order to get it to work

Yes I tried flashing .257 about 10 times it still wouldn't Root

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
17th March 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 63

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants

Yes I tried flashing .257 about 10 times it still wouldn't Root

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Probably didn't wipe cache, appslog (not sure about data) when you flashed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread