Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,479 Members 37,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No luck...?

Tip us?
 
XDAKhan
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 167
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default No luck...?

I can't believe that with so many widgets offers I can't seem to find the one that I really need:

A well laid out, elegant, customizable (i.e. transparency) and fully working Bookmarks Widget for the stock browser, stock ROM that is designed to work with a tab, not a phone.

The only promising solution I found was "Bookmarks in a list" but it failed to work properly on my 8.4 device (didn't retrieve the existing bookmarks)

I can't believe I am stuck with those ugly star-banners individual stock widgets.

...Can you guys help?

XK
 
gingerdude
Old
#2  
gingerdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 147
Join Date: Apr 2012
Try dash clock, there are lots of extension's on play store. Might find one to suit plus all can be made fully transparent. Probably won't help but worth a look.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
 
jimm2
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAKhan View Post
I can't believe that with so many widgets offers I can't seem to find the one that I really need:

A well laid out, elegant, customizable (i.e. transparency) and fully working Bookmarks Widget for the stock browser, stock ROM that is designed to work with a tab, not a phone.

The only promising solution I found was "Bookmarks in a list" but it failed to work properly on my 8.4 device (didn't retrieve the existing bookmarks)

I can't believe I am stuck with those ugly star-banners individual stock widgets.

...Can you guys help?

XK
Android Pro Widgets. It's a paid app but has free themes and you can set transparency amount. Has widgets for calendar, email and social apps too.
 
XDAKhan
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 167
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimm2 View Post
Android Pro Widgets. It's a paid app but has free themes and you can set transparency amount. Has widgets for calendar, email and social apps too.
This was a good idea. Even more so, since I already paid for it, as I used it some time ago on my previous Galaxy 7.7. I only had to install it.

Unfortunately, it behaves like the "Bookmarks in a list" app: It does not fetch my current bookmarks. Even while making sure that "Stock Browser" is selected in the app configuration page, it fails to correctly do so. It seems to display from a "bookmarks" folder created when I ran "Chrome" for a while.

XK
 
XDAKhan
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 167
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAKhan View Post
Unfortunately, it behaves like the "Bookmarks in a list" app: It does not fetch my current bookmarks. Even while making sure that "Stock Browser" is selected in the app configuration page, it fails to correctly do so. It seems to display from a "bookmarks" folder created when I ran "Chrome" for a while.

XK
Can't seem to work around this...Very frustrating.

Dropped a line to the developers about this. Let's see if they come up with a solution.

XK
 
jimm2
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAKhan View Post
Can't seem to work around this...Very frustrating.

Dropped a line to the developers about this. Let's see if they come up with a solution.

XK
I use it with Chrome so don't see this problem. Chrome may not be the best browser on Android but I keep going back because of the bookmark sync feature for all devices, regardless of OS. For me, this greatly simplifies managing bookmarks.
 
smalis
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 860
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAKhan View Post
I can't believe that with so many widgets offers I can't seem to find the one that I really need:

A well laid out, elegant, customizable (i.e. transparency) and fully working Bookmarks Widget for the stock browser, stock ROM that is designed to work with a tab, not a phone.

The only promising solution I found was "Bookmarks in a list" but it failed to work properly on my 8.4 device (didn't retrieve the existing bookmarks)

I can't believe I am stuck with those ugly star-banners individual stock widgets.

...Can you guys help?

XK
Install Chrome. It comes with a resizable widget of its bookmarks, and the bookmarks will open to your default browser, which does not have to be Chrome.
______________________________
Nexus 5: Beanstalk 4.4.249 with ElementalX-0.24+ kernel [KK 4.4.2]
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1: Rooted Stock (KK 4.4.2]
Chromecast: Eureka-ROM 1.1

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Try to Keep Up with Just Swipe Game

Sometimes, the simplest of games are the ones that end up beingthe most addictive and end up consuming … more

MultiROM Ported to the Moto E

Few categoriesof Android development are as intrinsically interestingas the ability to boot into multiple … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Control Google Play Wake Locks – XDA Developer TV

Xposed Modules are usually pretty simple. There are a few … more

Make Text Entry More Efficient with Macro Text Expansion

One of the best things about the modern day smartphone is its ability to save us … more