What the heck happened? Sprint Apps and Icons back

OP howie411

3rd March 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

136 posts
So I picked up my phone today and it looks like some how Sprint took it over. All my set icons I had on my screens are missing. Sprint Zone, Next Radio, Sprint Music Plus and Sprint TV are all showing up now. Also they also all showing up on my list of apps, the odd thing is they are all at the bottom in Custom Mode (which happens obviously when you add a new app to your phone.
3rd March 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie411

So I picked up my phone today and it looks like some how Sprint took it over. All my set icons I had on my screens are missing. Sprint Zone, Next Radio, Sprint Music Plus and Sprint TV are all showing up now. Also they also all showing up on my list of apps, the odd thing is they are all at the bottom in Custom Mode (which happens obviously when you add a new app to your phone.

This happened to me too! Same exact thing! Also all the hidden apps I had in my drawer were showing, and it had reinstalled lookout security and kids mode and the rest of the Sprint bloat. Glad I want the only one that had this happen... Easily fixed but very strange!
3rd March 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,176

3,835 posts
Donate to Me
More
seems there is alot of info missing... why was it with sprint? what were they supposed to do? were the rest of your apps still on your phone?
3rd March 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805

seems there is alot of info missing... why was it with sprint? what were they supposed to do? were the rest of your apps still on your phone?

Yeh nothing else changed. All apps stayed on phone all preferences remained the same. Only thing affected was the home screen and all drawer. Even changed the number of home screens. All I saw before it happened was a overlay with Sprint badging saying update done then boom it was all changed.. don't notice any different sw versions or anything, and no tale tale signs of updated Sprint apps from the play store.. Had to be a push from Sprint.
3rd March 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellimdekim

Yeh nothing else changed. All apps stayed on phone all preferences remained the same. Only thing affected was the home screen and all drawer. Even changed the number of home screens. All I saw before it happened was a overlay with Sprint badging saying update done then boom it was all changed.. don't notice any different sw versions or anything, and no tale tale signs of updated Sprint apps from the play store.. Had to be a push from Sprint.

It's just sprint installer I think. It keeps doing that. If I reset/power off my phone, it'll start to do that, because I manually uninstalled all of their apps. After the kk it seems to stopped or slowed down somehow. I rooted my phone recently and used titium backup to removed the sprint apps, although they are still in the ROM, seems to me they are no longer running. before rooting, I had been stopping and disabling as I could. If I failed, it'll wipe out my launcher screen.
3rd March 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA

3,835 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger

It's just sprint installer I think. It keeps doing that. If I reset/power off my phone, it'll start to do that, because I manually uninstalled all of their apps. After the kk it seems to stopped or slowed down somehow. I rooted my phone recently and used titium backup to removed the sprint apps, although they are still in the ROM, seems to me they are no longer running. before rooting, I had been stopping and disabling as I could. If I failed, it'll wipe out my launcher screen.

Try disabling the SprintID app. I removed it completely and never had that happen.

Sent From My HTC One!
Last edited by Rydah805; 4th March 2014 at 05:51 PM.
3rd March 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 46

292 posts
carp! The same thing happened to my phone and I decided to restore from backup. Don't know why they messed with it. It messed with my custom layout...
4th March 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 438

1,164 posts
if they updated you to kit kat it's the auto sprint ID pack that instals
4th March 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 11

54 posts
Now this has also happened to me, although it seems to have happened in two parts. First I opened my phone to see some sort of Sprint updater message, and Lookout as well as a few Sprint apps were installed. I uninstalled them, and went to sleep. When I woke up they were reinstalled and my home screen was rearranged and there was also a new Sprint Discovery widget.
I saw this thread last night, before it happened, or I probably would have freaked the F out.
Just to be clear - What process is doing this as I would like to disable it? Is it the Sprint Installer, or the Sprint ID? Do we even know for sure? It's wicked annoying. Auto installing apps is one thing, but they should not have the ability to change my home screen setup.
4th March 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA

3,835 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacious

Now this has also happened to me, although it seems to have happened in two parts. First I opened my phone to see some sort of Sprint updater message, and Lookout as well as a few Sprint apps were installed. I uninstalled them, and went to sleep. When I woke up they were reinstalled and my home screen was rearranged and there was also a new Sprint Discovery widget.
I saw this thread last night, before it happened, or I probably would have freaked the F out.
Just to be clear - What process is doing this as I would like to disable it? Is it the Sprint Installer, or the Sprint ID? Do we even know for sure? It's wicked annoying. Auto installing apps is one thing, but they should not have the ability to change my home screen setup.

disable SprintID

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread